The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Wassat yer neckin' ?
Oakham OPA. A very good pint.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning.
LIDL & ALDI day today, so off around the bay to Bideford.
Might need a lie down afterwards due to the excitement of it all. :surrender:
After my Aldi trip yesterday I wish you the best with that. We await a full report:rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Its official.......I am verry unhappy today.
Our garden is in danger of swimming in sh1t.
We are the last house before the sewage pipe goes across the park to the main sewer. Somewhere along there is a blockage.......and as we are the last house we get everyones sh1t piling up. United Utilities promise to be here within 48 hours:wacko:.
It happened maybe 5 years ago and it was tree roots so they dug and lined the pipes. Could be similar again :sad:.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Morning.
LIDL & ALDI day today, so off around the bay to Bideford.
Might need a lie down afterwards due to the excitement of it all. :surrender:

Just taken delivery of a case of wine, from Aldi.

I am no expert on wine, but, I do like drinking it ;)

Aldi deliver via Yodel (in this area at least). Have to say, their service is excellent, in my experience, in particular, their tracking App.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We are the last house before the sewage pipe goes across the park to the main sewer. Somewhere along there is a blockage.......and as we are the last house we get everyones sh1t piling up. United Utilities promise to be here within 48 hours:wacko:.
It happened maybe 5 years ago and it was tree roots so they dug and lined the pipes. Could be similar again :sad:.

You have my deepest sympathy. Certainly no laughing matter. :hugs:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

We had a similar problem, thankfully, only once (so far)!

I am sure you already know this, but, it is worth noting, if the sewer/drain is on your property, but, is a shared drain/sewer, the Water Authority will unblock FoC.

In our case, Northumberland Water were there within an hour and cleared the problem.

Not a job I would fancy ;)

Am I allowed to use that word "job", it is a bit close to that four letter word "work". ;)

Top Bottom