The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am missing it, but going to give it a miss for a while to see if the back/sciatic twinges improve. Just wish the weather would improve for cycling. Even walking on the trails after the rain we have had isn't great.
Mo....really hope it improves soon for you.
The numbness in my left leg is definitely receeding. MrsD tells me to get to the physio but I really think its almost there now.

D

Deleted member 1258

I got back from Countesthorpe about 2 having ridden 54 miles, turned right out of the Garden Centre, rode through the village and found out why the ride out had been so easy and pleasant, I had a light head wind for most of ride home, by the time I got to Gilmorton the sun had gone and it had clouded over, but it stayed dry all the way home, I had to divert away from Monks Kirby both on the way out and and on the way back. they were hedge cutting on Millers Lane between the Fosse Way and Monks Kirby so I used the Fosse Way instead. That was an enjoyable morning out on the bike

Last edited by a moderator:

pawl

Legendary Member
I got back from Countesthorpe about two having ridden 54 miles, turned right out of the Garden Centre, rode through the village and found out why the ride out had been so easy and pleasant, I had a light head wind for most of ride home, by the time I got to Gilmorton the sun had gone and it had clouded over, but it stayed dry all the way home, I had to divert away from Monks Kirby both on the way out and and on the way back. they were hedge cutting on the road between the Fosse Way and Monks Kirby so I used the Fosse Way instead. That was an enjoyable morning out on the bike

Was the garden centre Cherry Lane.If you haven’t tried it the breakfast is good.Usually go in the car as Mrs P usually stocks up with toilet rolls kitchen towels and numerous cleaning products.

D

Deleted member 1258

Was the garden centre Cherry Lane.If you haven’t tried it the breakfast is good.Usually go in the car as Mrs P usually stocks up with toilet rolls kitchen towels and numerous cleaning products.

Yes, I sometimes go up in the car as well, taking my Good Lady with me. I took my Good Lady and my Sister in Law up just before Xmas, they had a great time in their Xmas shop.

D

Deleted member 1258

Mine is so bad it has what looks like green moss growing around the window frames! :laugh:

I cleaned my car last Wednesday, a road closure on Saturday had me using a small lane complete with a ford, it needs cleaning again now.:rolleyes:

screenman

Legendary Member
I cover a lot of miles around these rural Lincolnshire roads, the farmer are lifting beet at the moment, you lot can only guess how thick the mud is on the car after 50 mile trip. Plenty like this about,

1580148138328.png

Top Bottom