The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Very

pawl

Legendary Member
I've never heard of this

they have always been known for community involvement and have a large Windermere store so it would seem a real possibility.

Found some information.Stuart Dangerfield won the cicucuit of Windermere in April 2007

Kevin Dawson was also a previous winner and if memory serves me correct Chris Boardman was also a previous winner I am fairly sure Boothes sponsored the event for several years.’

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
@Dave7
Mission accomplished. :becool:

Ocean Heights is only about a 3 - 4 minute walk from the main beach.
There is a Londis convenience store, pharmacy, newsagents, chippie, ice cream parlour, cafes, restaurants & bars all within a couple of minutes walk.
It's up quite a steep hill off the main road, but it's only a short distance.
Looks like a decent enough place and is very convenient for all the facilities.
I could only photograph it from the rear as it's sort of built arse about face. I did, however get a picture of the view you would have from the next door neighbour's car park.;)
The Woolacombe petrol station had unleaded at 99.9p this morning, which is quite cheap considering they are normally more expensive than elsewhere - maybe they've managed to sell it and the new owners are touting for business.

It's the one arrowed in red below.

View from road.

View from neighbour's car park.

Woolacombe beach deserted today!

Doggie enjoying her walk.

HTH :smile:

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7
Mission accomplished. :becool:

Ocean Heights is only about a 3 - 4 minute walk from the main beach.
There is a Londis convenience store, pharmacy, newsagents, chippie, ice cream parlour, cafes, restaurants & bars all within a couple of minutes walk.
It's up quite a steep hill off the main road, but it's only a short distance.
Looks like a decent enough place and is very convenient for all the facilities.
I could only photograph it from the rear as it's sort of built arse about face. I did, however get a picture of the view you would have from the next door neighbour's car park.;)
The Woolacombe petrol station had unleaded at 99.9p this morning, which is quite cheap considering they are normally more expensive than elsewhere - maybe they've managed to sell it and the new owners are touting for business.

It's the one arrowed in red below.
View attachment 524087

View from road.
View attachment 524088
View attachment 524090

View from neighbour's car park.
View attachment 524089

Woolacombe beach deserted today!
View attachment 524091

Doggie enjoying her walk.
View attachment 524093

HTH :smile: