The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Tomorrow, I shall be mainly venturing into the loft to find more stuff to sell on FB.
I'm pretty sure there's some goodies up there. There's things I haven't looked at for 15 years so I might get sidetracked.

classic33

Leg End Member
In less than an hour it'll be the 1st August...
RichVapidCutworm-small.gif

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xUsQ9Qs2DQo

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news...shire-citizenship-test-quiz-passport-13950018

12boy

Guru
I take it it's a piece of wood atop the piece in the sixth picture, above the one with your wagon in it. Or is it antlers.
It is an antler, elk I would believe. Found it somewhere and thought " should do something with it" but now it's too weathered. Lotsa shed antlers in them thar hills, compadre. I've been shooting the mule deer in my yard with marbles and a slingshot to discourage those giant horned rats from browsing on my burr oak and grapevine. They wait till dark and resume their predation. I do have a 45 lb draw bow and some field points but it's illegal to slay them in city limits. Keen eye, Classic 33.

classic33

Leg End Member
It is an antler, elk I would believe. Found it somewhere and thought " should do something with it" but now it's too weathered. Lotsa shed antlers in them thar hills, compadre. I've been shooting the mule deer in my yard with marbles and a slingshot to discourage those giant horned rats from browsing on my burr oak and grapevine. They wait till dark and resume their predation. I do have a 45 lb draw bow and some field points but it's illegal to slay them in city limits. Keen eye, Classic 33.
Your sheep herders wagon. The wheels and axles, are they wood(wheel bearings) on steel axles. Or wood on wood?

Dave7

Legendary Member
So a fun day out. Temperature hit 34C and we had a 20mph headwind all day - it was a hot wind, no relief at all. One of our number totally bonked at 60ish, blurred vision, nausea, legs gone. Managed to ride to the cafe where phone calls were made to arrange a friend to drive to Settle and take bike and rider home. All of this forced route changes on us but we had a great day out clocking up 110 miles.

I now have 🍺

View attachment 539104

View attachment 539106

View attachment 539107

View attachment 539109
Well done to you all Paul.
TBH I was thinking of you (not romantically^_^) as it was too hot for us to even sit in the garden.
Hope your friend is ok.
I only ever really bonked once......its not a nice thing. Mine was on a shortish (30 mile) ride so a cereal bar and drink got me home.
How you managed 110 in that heat is beyond me.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning peeps.
Mixed day here weatherwise. Rain due in by 10.00 but only for a few hours. Cooler than yesterday thank goodness.

Dont let @Dirk hear this but I think we need to isolate him.
News headlines tell us there is the 1st recorded case of a disease called Babesosis ....its caused by ticks but its a new variation and is deadly. AND ITS IN DEVON :eek:.
On top of Covid.....this is all we need:wacko:

Top Bottom