The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
That's a bit of a grand pile. 9 bedrooms? Have they got loads of kids?
grin.gif
Just three grown up boys

Looks very interesting. Time to be very nice to them, with future holidays in mind ;)
With the amout of work that wants doing it would be a working holiday, No thanks
They have just sold a place in Farnham for two million and they have their place in France up for sale they have loads of money
I'm just the poor relation :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
My niece and her husband have just bought this, it wants a lot of work
https://www.uklandandfarms.co.uk/search/detail.aspx?PropertyRef=40448_TAU200605
Nice.
Hope they can afford to pay for the refurb or they have plenty of time and energy to do it.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Started in the 1800's and "in need of completion". Don't rush things do they.

Apparently the whole place burnt down 10 years ago and as the inside was all oak panelling, only a shell was left, the said owner started to rebuild it, but ran out of money.
If you have a look in one of the photos half the rendering is missing and three of the bedrooms are not liveable, they think it will cost another one million to finish it off, they will not be doing it themselves as Phil couldn't knock a nail in straight, I kid you not he is bloody hopeless, but as one of the directors of Deloitte you don't buy a dog and bark yourself.

classic33

Leg End Member
Apparently the whole place burnt down 10 years ago and as the inside was all oak panelling, only a shell was left, the said owner started to rebuild it, but ran out of money.
If you have a look in one of the photos half the rendering is missing and three of the bedrooms are not liveable, they think it will cost another one million to finish it off, they will not be doing it themselves as Phil couldn't knock a nail in straight, I kid you not he is bloody hopeless, but as one of the directors of Deloitte you don't buy a dog and bark yourself.
You could go and show him how.

I'd one equally skilled, hammered a nail into the wall, hit a gas pipe, continued hammering away and hit a cable. The lights went out, but he wanted to see what was causing the hissing. Matches to hand, so he used those.

He wondered what the funny smell was.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I like listening to games on the radio.
When we were kids, apart from the odd European game midweek and match of the day, radio was what we had.
I had the same radio experience and kind of missed it when the old black and white Cossor TV set came into the house .And your imagination comes into it asa kid.

D

Deleted member 1258

Just managed a walk..... 1.8 miles. Hard work but what a lovely spring day it is.
We are thinking of a cream tea in the garden tomorrow.

We've been for a walk, put my Good lady in her wheelchair and wriggled it out the house, neither house or garden is wheelchair friendly, then spent an hour pushing her round locally, it's a lovely day for a walk, its a shame I couldn't go further but what we did was enjoyable.

Top Bottom