The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
That was a chilly walk. The wind is a tad icy.

Must remember to watch Grand Tour of Scotland’s Lochs tonight as it is Perthshire with a bit not far from here. :smile:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Grey morning but not raining yet. Forecast is for heavy rain and high winds starting in a couple of hours. That is what they said yesterday and they were not wrong. Next week looks to be reasonable perhaps.
Since I did my shopping yesterday there is nothing exciting to look forward to today.
Like Mo I cannot stay in bed once I waken and now the daylight is coming earlier I waken earlier.
Most of my working life involved early morning starts. The earliest I remember was 0430 for a spell when I worked for the post office.
In distillery days I sometimes had a wander round during the night to make sure the night shift had no problems. Breakdowns happened at any time day or night and had to be fixed ASAP which sometimes involved getting boiler spares and our electrician in the middle of the night. He had no car so I had to fetch him from home. He had 10 kids so could not afford a car and we supplied his phone.
Happy days tho'.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. Still in bed and curtains shut but I can hear the wind and rain so not looking forward to taking Molly out when I get up. Another day of nothing planned so see how it goes.
I spoke to my brother on Messenger . He had an operation on his back two days ago in Paris. He said his spine is disintegrating and the surgeons put metal plates to strengthen it. His moral was very low and he is very weak. It hurt to see him him like that considering he was the most sporty one of all 5 of us, always running and playing football. He is 75 now and can hardly walk.
I will video call him again later and hope to cheer him up .

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That was a chilly walk. The wind is a tad icy.

Must remember to watch Grand Tour of Scotland’s Lochs tonight as it is Perthshire with a bit not far from here. :smile:
The editing of that programme does not seem to take account of actual geography and often gives entirely the wrong impression. A stranger would not notice but his tour of Mull was a bit weird I remember.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
In Google news there was only 10 articles about Meghan Markle, Archie not being a prince, who made the comment about archies colour, etc instead of the squillion yesterday. Hopefullyby tomorrow that will reduce down to 5 then zero after that.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Today I am volunteering at the school where Mrs D works, supervising brats kids as they do their own covid test, all sociall distanced and PPE'd up of course.

The call went out for volunteers and the local branch of NARPO heard about it and sent the plea to their members, so almost all those who put their hand up are ex coppers. No pay, but all the tea and biscuits you can manage. I put my name down for today and next wednesday.

Good luck with that. I recall, when eldest son, now 49, was in the cubs, so, about 5-7 years old. They went camping, and there was a request for parents to volunteer to transport their "gear" and help set up tents etc. I foolishly volunteered. The experience made me realise, working with children was definitely NOT for me. ;)

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hello everyone. :hello: I thought I would practice being succinct. :okay:

Not a lot to do really. Blue and grey bins need getting in. I have some admin to do including reading pages of advice from BC regarding group rides. A jigsaw to get on with and I shall practice eating biscuits.

Google news gave me this headline which made me smile:

"Joe Biden's dog, Major, causes minor injury in biting incident."

Marginally more interesting than H&M.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello everyone. :hello: I thought I would practice being succinct. :okay:

Not a lot to do really. Blue and grey bins need getting in. I have some admin to do including reading pages of advice from BC regarding group rides. A jigsaw to get on with and I shall practice eating biscuits.

Google news gave me this headline which made me smile:

"Joe Biden's dog, Major, causes minor injury in biting incident."

Marginally more interesting than H&M.

Isn't that a clothes shop ?

Top Bottom