The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, The dog has been walked and domestics done. It is one of those wet,, damp but mild days here. I don't think it is actually going to get light today. Off to the shops later to get the few goods Sainsburys couldn't deliver yesterday, ie, ginger biscuits and bottles of Pinot and Malbec. Then to the pub for a couple at lunchtime.

D

Deleted member 1258

Figure hugging wetsuit?:laugh:

That sounds like fun!

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Morning all, The dog has been walked and domestics done. It is one of those wet,, damp but mild days here. I don't think it is actually going to get light today. Off to the shops later to get the few goods Sainsburys couldn't deliver yesterday, ie, ginger biscuits and bottles of Pinot and Malbec. Then to the pub for a couple at lunchtime.

Mmmmm....stressful day then? :smile:

Turbo or rollers?

Whisper it quietly, exercise bike.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The chip butties at the Black 'Oss were brill. £3.00 :okay:

IMG_20181205_123536227.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have just been talking to my mum on the phone. She was telling me that my brother went into Birmingham city centre to do some shopping and he was shocked at the number of homeless people are there and in some places they have set up tents. Never seen that in Brum before.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have just been talking to my mum on the phone. She was telling me that my brother went into Birmingham city centre to do some shopping and he was shocked at the number of homeless people are there and in some places they have set up tents. Never seen that in Brum before.

I said the same about Preston this time last year - I don't go in to town often. Manchester is getting better I'm glad to say. Thanks in no small part to Andy Burnham, Mayor, getting off his arse and actually doing something - rare for most politicians.

I don't think people are aware of the scale of the problems in this country........I'm now going to make a pot of tea before I hit full on rant mode.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I said the same about Preston this time last year - I don't go in to town often. Manchester is getting better I'm glad to say. Thanks in no small part to Andy Burnham, Mayor, getting off his arse and actually doing something - rare for most politicians.

I don't think people are aware of the scale of the problems in this country........I'm now going to make a pot of tea before I hit full on rant mode.

I havn't been in the city centre for years. I understand an awful lot of shops and stores have shut down. Most of the ones left are rubbish. I used to love window shopping during my lunch break. I worked in the city centre.

Top Bottom