The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Dog walked. Overnight my tablet has updated itself to oreo, but I can't find any biscuits anywhere.

Yes, my tablet updated a couple of days ago.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hmm.......yellow thing in sky for last two hours or so. Clouding over now and getting breezy.

So. Book club party at ours last night. I decided not to drink so had two glasses of prosecco followed by a lot of water. Hangover avoided and should have been good for the club ride........

however about 12.30 remaining guests settled in to comfy chairs and one announced "I like this part of the evening, everyone is chilled" Evening?!???

Finally got to bed at 2.00. Woke at 8.45. Washing up done. Ride missed.

We are having a week in the lakes, they certainly know how to charge for beer round these parts.

We have discovered the working men's club for tonight, 50p each to sign in but the beer is half the price of the pubs!! The bad news it only opens Friday to Sunday so it will be back to the overpriced pubs tomorrow onwards.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
OMG. I can see the sun. At least that is what i think it is. :hyper:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Final clear up complete. I have three more bottles of beer than I started with, three less prosecco, same quantity of red, one more white. Hmmmm.....

1. People brought a lot of booze
  2. People drank little - Ha! Ha! I've seen the recycling
  3. I'm a cheapskate - I purchased the quantity purchased by Mrs P.
Christmas is looking promising. I can highly recommend a Prosecco I found in ALDI yesterday "Organic Prosecco." £7.99. I drink Prosecco but rarely have one I truly enjoy. This is very good. I'm going for more later today.

IMG_20181209_105016357.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Final clear up complete. I have three more bottles of beer than I started with, three less prosecco, same quantity of red, one more white. Hmmmm.....

1. People brought a lot of booze
  2. People drank little - Ha! Ha! I've seen the recycling
  3. I'm a cheapskate - I purchased the quantity purchased by Mrs P.
Christmas is looking promising. I can highly recommend a Prosecco I found in ALDI yesterday "Organic Prosecco." £7.99. I drink Prosecco but rarely have one I truly enjoy. This is very good. I'm going for more later today.

View attachment 441920

Makes me almost wish that i drink alcohol. :laugh:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning all. Molly had her op on Friday and is feeling a bit sorry for herself. She is now wearing pyjamas type of thing so she can't lick her stitches. Back to the vet tomorrow and the following Monday for a check up . She is not allowed to go for a walk until next weekend so she is a bit bored.

Top Bottom