The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Surprisingly not hung over after watching Lpool batter Man Utd. My ManU supporting friend was here and was heard to say "I wish we had Klopp as manager".
So...... a lie in till 09 00. Coffee drunk. A slice of toast to follow then into town to book next years holiday.
Lunch in the old Barley Mow will follow . Hopefully it will be as nice as
@Dirk 's looked yesterday

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, the dog has been walked and breakfast consumed. I now have the task of trimming the roller blind by 12mm. Fortunately I have an unused mitre saw and block that I found in my old dads shed when my son cleared it out a couple of months back. The saw is very very sharp. So It should be a fairly easy job to do.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 1258

Sat in Wedges in the Earlswood Plant Centre with a coffee and a tea cake.

20181217_105136.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all, the dog has been walked and breakfast consumed. I now have the task of trimming the roller blind by 12mm. Fortunately I have an unused mitre saw and block that I found in my old dads shed when my son cleared it out a couple of months back. The saw is very very sharp. So It should be a fairly easy job to do.:rolleyes:
Aren't roller blinds usually cloth?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I've just trumped. The dog has walked off in disgust.

Your dog is clearly intelligent.

D

Deleted member 1258

Its been a cracking cycling morning, fresh with a light breeze and wall to wall sunshine. I've been over to Earlswood and the Plant Centre, 54 miles. I reversed the ride this morning, using my usual route home on the way out and my usual route out on the way home, there was some frost about first thing and the shorter route out kept me off the smaller lanes first thing when the risk of ice was at its highest. It's been a very enjoyable morning on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Been out for a very leisurely 52 miles in Weardale. Took it really easy because:
  • Two very large Taliskers followed by two bottles of strong Belgian ale last night
  • Put the Marathon+ tyres back on the winter bike
  • I discovered it was icy when my back wheel span out on a climb
  • Had no particular place to go and all day to get there
20181217_095129[1].jpg

Temperature inversion in the Lanchester valley

Top Bottom