The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
There I was, nice and cozy in bed, then Mo woke me up by banging around her house in her walking boots......does that woman never stop?
Builders are due back at 7:45. They hope to finish the job today but I have doubts. They are very good, hard workers but am sure there will be some snagging to do. Hope I am wrong though.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There I was, nice and cozy in bed, then Mo woke me up by banging around her house in her walking boots......does that woman never stop?
Builders are due back at 7:45. They hope to finish the job today but I have doubts. They are very good, hard workers but am sure there will be some snagging to do. Hope I am wrong though.

Working on Sundays? I didn't think anyone does that.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning world it's a brand new day🎶
A day to venture forth on the Brommie, not too far as I need to test my legs first to see if they will be cooperating or playing silly beggars. Will try for lunch at a local pub, we haven't booked but will wing it and see if they can fit us in.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
What with Mo stomping around and Dave7 getting ready for the builders it's no surprise I can't sleep in.
Dog walk followed by breakfast and the MrsP is off to an art exhibition at the Thames embankment gallery near to Temple. That leaves me free to watch this afternoon's Amstel Gold cycle race from the Netherlands.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Not too bad out there by the looks of it.
Will be off for a walk this morning and then having Sunday lunch in Goldsithney.
Supposed to be moving on to Launceston tomorrow but high winds forecast; might stop an extra night here and ride it out.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bruce walked. There's a lovely recreation ground about a mile away much used (and well looked after) by dog walkers. I call it Frisbee Field.

Took my boy up there with his tennis ball and ball chucking thing and spent a good 20 mind wearing him out before strolling home.

Weather bright and mild, most pleasant.

My daughters lab is now over 12 years old and sadly on her last legs. Doubt she will last the year out. Lovely dog. Sad really.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My daughter had 3 labs. One had to be put to sleep 18 months ago. The second oldest one is completely blind with cataracts and is a bit on the portly side but her tail is always wagging and she doesn't have any trouble finding her way round the house and the youngest is about 7 now and she is a total lunatic.

Top Bottom