The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.....have a ^_^ on me, no charge.
Funny day weather wise. At 7 we had blue skies and sunshine but the forecast promised rain and sure enough it quickly clouded over and rain came in.
It is blue sky again now but the promise is for heavy rain all day.
Can I blame brexit ?

Good morning all, cool and breezy but looks dry for the most part.
Very much enjoyed Amstel yesterday, probably the best race of the year so far.
Other viewing yesterday included the first few episodes of the new Wisting series on i-player, seems promising.

Morning all

Up and shopping done

actually managed to get my wife some shampoo - and got the right stuff
I normally take a photo of the old one but she was still in bed when I left and the old one was in the en-suit (posh eh!!!)

anyway - got home and just made a coffee when the phone rang
if was Paul Adams from Virgin - funny how anglicised the Indian community have become - who says they don;t integrate!!!

Anyway - he was very worried about our Broadband
He wanted to know what lights are on on the router
no - of course - I have no idea what a Router is or what it does so he had to talk me though it
so we sorted that out

he then explained that the problem mean that sometimes the internet might be slower than at other times
and askd me how many devices I have
I told him about my Kindle
and the telly
but I don;t have a computer or smart phone - or any mobile - because of the Demons
They come out of the Internet and cna sneak into your mind and make you think strange things
(I must ask Drago's helpful agony column about them at some point!)

he checked about a laptop or computer but I was a bit confused about that
then we got cut off

for some reason he has not rung back yet

anyway - kid sitting this afternoon as the school's are back!

Chief Broom

Veteran
Afternoon folks :okay: managed a spin was really windy but good to be out. :okay:
Found a fat slug in my cold frame, i wondered what had been munching my broad beans....i would have released it into the wild to live a full and prosperous sluggy existance but not really viable on a council estate so was introduced to some sharp scissors. :ohmy:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning all

Up and shopping done

actually managed to get my wife some shampoo - and got the right stuff
I normally take a photo of the old one but she was still in bed when I left and the old one was in the en-suit (posh eh!!!)

anyway - got home and just made a coffee when the phone rang
if was Paul Adams from Virgin - funny how anglicised the Indian community have become - who says they don;t integrate!!!

Anyway - he was very worried about our Broadband
He wanted to know what lights are on on the router
no - of course - I have no idea what a Router is or what it does so he had to talk me though it
so we sorted that out

he then explained that the problem mean that sometimes the internet might be slower than at other times
and askd me how many devices I have
I told him about my Kindle
and the telly
but I don;t have a computer or smart phone - or any mobile - because of the Demons
They come out of the Internet and cna sneak into your mind and make you think strange things
(I must ask Drago's helpful agony column about them at some point!)

he checked about a laptop or computer but I was a bit confused about that
then we got cut off

for some reason he has not rung back yet

anyway - kid sitting this afternoon as the school's are back!

With sales / junk calls I've only recently cottoned on that the initial sentence is something along the lines of " can I just confirm that you are the homeowner ", to which I now reply either, " No, we're renting " or " You'll need to speak with the landlord " Works a treat.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My new patio is coming along nicely.
As I expected they have to come back for a few hours.
20240415_131147.jpg

Top Bottom