The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

More work on the Bantam engine today.
Yesterday, I went through the bottom end, lapped in the main bearings and shimmed the crank to get the correct end float.
Took a lot longer than expected. Today, I will disassemble the dummy build of the bottom end, thoroughly clean everything and then put it back together properly after I've assembled the gearbox.
I've lost count of the number of these engines I've rebuilt over the years. Did the first one when I was 14.
Should be a nice little bike when it's done. Bought for £850, spent £150 on it and it'll be worth about £1800 when finished.

I keep thinking of buying a project and even went to Newark Auto Jumble the other week. The thing is, I do not want the garage to look untidy, which I know would happen if I bought something. With very worn out knee's it would need to be electric start as well.

Tenkaykev

Guru

I'm for re adopting the original Patron saint , St Edmund.
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/Edmund-original-Patron-Saint-of-England/

IMG_5508.jpeg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Riverside trail done plus a loop through the park so nearly 5 miles. It is absolutely gorgeous here. Still a nip in the air but wall to wall blue sky and sunshine. The vegetation and trees are really coming out now. My favourite time of the year. Wish it could be mid April to mid May all year round :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Riverside trail done plus a loop through the park so nearly 5 miles. It is absolutely gorgeous here. Still a nip in the air but wall to wall blue sky and sunshine. The vegetation and trees are really coming out now. My favourite time of the year. Wish it could be mid April to mid May all year round :laugh:

Me as well. I love autumn but not what's around the corner.

Top Bottom