The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I am considering getting out of bed, in fact I have been considering it for over an hour. Big plan for the day is a trip to a seamstress to get me new overalls shortened, life is exciting. Have fun.
Could you not get yer legs lengthened?

Gunk

Guru
Well, it’s raining again in Oxfordcestershiry, which is particularly annoying to me because the roofer is supposed to be doing what roofers do to the new dormer.
Will he/they/them turn up today?

It’s chucking it down here, an excuse to carry on with my FB marketplace/ebay clear out mega sale. Can’t believe how much useless stuff I have managed to accumulate over the years.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Was up at 6.15, had a slow three mile jog with Bruce. I take it slow and steady because of my hip but still somehow managed to knock 7 seconds of my 2024 best time for the mile and slip under 9 minutes. Steady on there Drago!

Must start reading properly, was just about to sign you up for the Olympics, I thought it said 3 miles in under nine minutes :eek:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Yay! Fish Friday! :hungry::cheers:
It's also the start of the WSR 'Spring Steam Festival' - up to 22 trains per day over 4 days. Should be fun.
New lathe being delivered by UPS by 'end of day' - whatever that means - that could be read as 'anytime', 'late afternoon' or 'evening'
I'll risk it being late afternoon, so will go out for lunch and meet our best mates in Pebbles.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
It's going to be a rather damp day here, so pottering it is then.

I might try to throw some more rubbish out that Mr WD has accumulated as it might come in handy, but hasn't been used in 30 years.

WHAT!!! It's only 30 years, give it time. Guarantee you'll need something just after throwing it. You've got to understand how the male mind works.

Top Bottom