The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The sun has disappeared here, replaced by dark clouds.

We’ve had a couple of short, thundery showers. It’s got quite warm and humid here.

No walk or ride today in spite of it being a nice sunny day

Instead I have spray Patio Cleaner over the whole patio
did small bits at a time and scrubbed it in with the stiff brush

It has come up really well - back looks much better now

tomorrow, assuming nice weather, I can get the patio furniture out from winter storage and wash it before putting it in the wrong place

I also have a new parasol thingy that has a large umbrella thing that reaches out - and a heavy base to hold it down
WHich is a bit worrying because SWMBO bought it at the start of winter and we opened it to check it looked OK
so since then it has been lying around looking for opportunites to loose bits and pieces!!!!

still - I'll try and sort it tomorrow!

screenman

Legendary Member
No walk or ride today in spite of it being a nice sunny day

Instead I have spray Patio Cleaner over the whole patio
did small bits at a time and scrubbed it in with the stiff brush

It has come up really well - back looks much better now

tomorrow, assuming nice weather, I can get the patio furniture out from winter storage and wash it before putting it in the wrong place

I also have a new parasol thingy that has a large umbrella thing that reaches out - and a heavy base to hold it down
WHich is a bit worrying because SWMBO bought it at the start of winter and we opened it to check it looked OK
so since then it has been lying around looking for opportunites to loose bits and pieces!!!!

still - I'll try and sort it tomorrow!

I used to have to jetwash my patio 3 times a year to keep it looking clean, I started using Wet and Forget 3 years ago and have not had to do it once, Lidl sell the same sort of product, they both do what they say on the tin.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I used to have to jetwash my patio 3 times a year to keep it looking clean, I started using Wet and Forget 3 years ago and have not had to do it once, Lidl sell the same sort of product, they both do what they say on the tin.

Another Wet and Forget fan here. Keeps our block paved drive and patio looking good, one application per year. I also use it on the Motorhome Roof, it prevents algae from forming, again, a once a year spray is enough.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Not looking a good day weather wise. I’m not sure whether to risk a walk.

Enjoyed a nice meal out last night my my old neighbour then got home and binge watched the rest of Red Eye.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A bit of a gloomy start to the day here, thundery downpours are forecast for later on.
MrsP has booked a games afternoon for all the family in docklands, Canary wharf to be precise. It's called Fairgame., and it's an adult only affair. I don't know what's involved but I will soon find out. This will be followed by drinks and food.

Top Bottom