The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Had lunch at one of our favourite pubs - the Blisland Inn at Blisland.
IMG_20240417_124157229.jpg

IMG_20240417_124146849_HDR.jpg

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Morning. I was up around 5 as usual. Quick cuppa then headed out for a 5k shuffle. Bath is running for a soak now.

Good on ya Mo:becool: ! way to go girl

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Salut tout le monde! I am back ^_^ I have been away from this site for a couple of months after our move to our new home.

Mrs G has also been to Australia for a couple of weeks and contracted cellulitus whilst there so we are still in the process of claiming expenses back from the insurance.

The house ( built in 1934 ) has given us a few problems too as we had to have the lounge walls re-plasted and redecorated but all done now and looking good.
We also want to turn the garage into a spare bedroom ( we only have one bedroom at the moment ) and junk room at the back so it will need a partition to put up. The front already has glass sliding doors.

It also has a Kota ( indoor barbecue popular in Finland ) which we have not had the time to use yet.

Despite all that, we love the house as it is in a quiet area, close to the sea and a good view of the country side from our bedroom window.

Not much cycling done lately as the weather crap at the moment, either too windy of raining. Let's hope May will be better.

We are going to Orleans early in June to celebrate my brother's 60th wedding anniversary.
That's all for now so I hope you are all as well as can be.

How is everybody?

Welcome back.
Everyone here is in fine form and there are a couple of new arrivals.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Salut tout le monde! I am back ^_^ I have been away from this site for a couple of months after our move to our new home.

Mrs G has also been to Australia for a couple of weeks and contracted cellulitus whilst there so we are still in the process of claiming expenses back from the insurance.

The house ( built in 1934 ) has given us a few problems too as we had to have the lounge walls re-plasted and redecorated but all done now and looking good.
We also want to turn the garage into a spare bedroom ( we only have one bedroom at the moment ) and junk room at the back so it will need a partition to put up. The front already has glass sliding doors.

It also has a Kota ( indoor barbecue popular in Finland ) which we have not had the time to use yet.

Despite all that, we love the house as it is in a quiet area, close to the sea and a good view of the country side from our bedroom window.

Not much cycling done lately as the weather crap at the moment, either too windy of raining. Let's hope May will be better.

We are going to Orleans early in June to celebrate my brother's 60th wedding anniversary.

How is everybody?

Nice to have you back.

classic33

Leg End Member

How is everybody?
Nobbutfairtomiddlin

I know you said you were moving, but I were expecting some closer to your last house than Finland.

classic33

Leg End Member
Do you know that some Canada Geese are UK resident while others migrate and come back in spring.
There's some nearby that are here all year round. Suitable nesting areas on private land. Meaning that should anyone try to get rid of them, they'd end up injured not the birds.
Has happened with three pairs of nesting mallards. Six dead adults, and over a dozen young killed, and eggs smashed.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously

How is everybody?

welcome back

Drago

Legendary Member
Well no new bass today thanks to those tosser at DHL who reckoned they couldn't access my property.

It's a house with no front fence or gate off a shared private drive. Everyone else, postie, Amazon, call girls, etc, just stroll up and knock on the front door but that is somehow beyond the wit of the brain donors at DHL.

Top Bottom