The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I retired yesterday. Today is day two. The trouble with doing nothing all day is, you don’t know when you’re finished.

Welcome to the club, getting used to nothing all day takes some getting used to !

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I was first finisher in the over 70 category in last Sunday's road race , run in glorious weather

Wexford - Half marathon & 10K-1229.jpg

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I retired yesterday. Today is day two. The trouble with doing nothing all day is, you don’t know when you’re finished.

You are retired, you are your own boss, you are finished when you want to be. No more rules, no more schedules, you just do whatever you want, whenever you want. ;)

Well, that is the theory, there may be a higher authority in your house, to whom you must defer. ;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Tonight's dinner was jacket potato, beans and grated cheese, washed down with a beer, perfect.

I had the same - although I had chipolatas with my spud 'n beans. :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
I am part-time retired, does that qualify me to take part in this group, I do keep trying to go full time but it does not seem to work for me.

You need to get into Find It, Fix It, Flog it.

Different episodes on three or four different channels daily, you won't have time to work. I watch it on catch up cos I don't have a TV licence, so could spend all day perving over Gemma Longworth watching it.

Top Bottom