The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
err

wow

we went to the West of Scotland for a few days a while ago and I did a tour of the Oban whiskey distillery

never done one before

As I was driving I couldn;t taste the samples but they provided little bottle so you could take it home

Just tried the Oban Little Bay version - 43% or whatever

YEA GODS that is smooth
I mean - I like whiskey - but I have never tasted one like that - gentle, complex, smooth - but still certainly whiskey

and now the bad news

most of the sites that sell it - including the official Oban distillery one - are for US only

and anyway - it is over £70 a bottle!!!!!

soooooooo
anyway - anyone know how to hack ERNIE???????

classic33

Leg End Member
err

wow

we went to the West of Scotland for a few days a while ago and I did a tour of the Oban whiskey distillery

never done one before

As I was driving I couldn;t taste the samples but they provided little bottle so you could take it home

Just tried the Oban Little Bay version - 43% or whatever

YEA GODS that is smooth
I mean - I like whiskey - but I have never tasted one like that - gentle, complex, smooth - but still certainly whiskey

and now the bad news

most of the sites that sell it - including the official Oban distillery one - are for US only

and anyway - it is over £70 a bottle!!!!!

soooooooo
anyway - anyone know how to hack ERNIE???????
Why, have you just come into some premium bonds?

Tenkaykev

Guru
A balmy 4 degrees here in southern softie land. I squirted expanding foam into the gaps around a door frame yesterday, it didn't appear to be doing much so I put a bit more in - oops! Now there's loads of it sticking out that will need trimming back. Off to Weymouth today for lunch with friends at an excellent Turkish restaurant, they do an exceptional veggie mezze that we're keen to try.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, back to the hospital today where I spent a lot of time this year, visiting the nurses and hospital hotel staff who worked so hard for me and have stayed in contact. In lieu of flowers we created a just giving page in Pams memory, this will allow me to make a nice size donation to the wards welfare fund, I am looking forward to it.

Top Bottom