The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
7 mile trail walk done and just finished my porridge. Cold start but absolutely gorgeous now. More blue sky and sunshine. Better enjoy it while it lasts.

We are grand-kid sitting duty this afternoon
looks like I might be able to take the oldest and her cousin to the park after school
or I hope so - last time she wouldn;t get out of the car because there were some girls there that she doesn;t like
never did get to the bottom of that - don;t think it is bullying but..........

anyway - more importantly
went to see "Nye" at the local cinema last night
it was one of those new fangled things live streamed from the National Theatre
Michael Sheen as Nye Bevan and the storyor his life including the birth of the NHS

rather surreal as he is in pyjamas and barefoot the whole play and it is played out as memories and dreams from his hospital bed as he is dying - but he also sings a bit (not much) and stuff

absolutely excellent
not the same as actually being there - but still amazing

also - damn good cinema seats - very wide - wide armrests and about 8 foot of leg room!!!!
not sure if that is a "special" screen for posh stuff - but we must look out for other things worth seeing if the seats are that good!

New blind just been delivered. Will finish my Kenco and head up with my hammer and crowbar to fit it.

That is normally a nightmare here
walls have plasterboard that falls apart at the application of a drill and generally goes in a slightly different place that it starts off in.

and once I get round that - if I get it perfectly horizontal according to the spirit level then my wife will look at it and say
"its not level"
I step back to look and she is right (which is annoying in itself!!!) because the coving is not level so a level shelf or whatever LOOKS wrong!

bloomin' builders!

Top Bottom