The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just back from a 3.52 mile walk with two of the dogs, now I'm having a coffee with a Tunnock's Caramel wafer. My ex boss emailed me to see if I wanted to join a staff meeting remotely. Feckin hell, I've only been gone 3 days, I told her to pi$$ off.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That is normally a nightmare here
walls have plasterboard that falls apart at the application of a drill and generally goes in a slightly different place that it starts off in.

and once I get round that - if I get it perfectly horizontal according to the spirit level then my wife will look at it and say
"its not level"
I step back to look and she is right (which is annoying in itself!!!) because the coving is not level so a level shelf or whatever LOOKS wrong!

bloomin' builders!

We just use the internal recess cam lock jobbies.

No drilling, they don't move and look great.

Been out for a ride, a sunny but chilly 36 miles. Up to 8° as I neared home, but felt warmer than that with a tailwind and in the sun.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A lovely walk, albeit a bit chilly through Hitch Wood, an ancient beech wood near Hitchin and then a nice lunch in the Orange Tree.

20240424_124223.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
I plucked up the courage and went to the gym. It was difficult, and I needed a couple of minutes in the office when I first got there, but alright, as time went on, I also popped around to see a pal who had texted me earlier, that was a first as well. All in all, it was quite a good evening. I am now chilling with a glass of wine, I have been awake since 4am, so bedtime will not be far away. Thanks for putting up with me.

Top Bottom