The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I plucked up the courage and went to the gym. It was difficult, and I needed a couple of minutes in the office when I first got there, but alright, as time went on, I also popped around to see a pal who had texted me earlier, that was a first as well. All in all, it was quite a good evening. I am now chilling with a glass of wine, I have been awake since 4am, so bedtime will not be far away. Thanks for putting up with me.

Well-done. Glad to see you are getting out there.

classic33

Leg End Member
not bed time yet

anyway - just got a message that one of my old school teachers has died
he was also an Olympic athlete in about 1960 - high hurdles apparently

weird to think of them dying
There's around a dozen teachers from my last school died since I left.
The last one I'm aware of, found out in the week before lockdown, that "Mad Jack" the metalwork teacher had died a few years before. My last chemistry teacher, "Doc Brown", never saw this century.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning, woke before 6:00 so went downstairs to make coffee. On my way back up I glanced at the solar monitor and saw that the panels were already generating ☀️
Our trip to Weymouth yesterday went well, a good meal and natter with a friend and his wife, followed by a wander along the prom ( they still have donkeys ! ). We saw hundreds of Sika deer on the train journey with them clumped together as the fields are still partially flooded. A bit of diy today that should save me several hundred quid, and there's the cake I baked that needs sampling.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Man coming to quote for roof cleaning at 9am.
Main thing I'm doing this morning is sorting out all of my engineering tools and putting them in my new stacking tool chest/box which arrived yesterday.
Might nip out to the Torre Cider Farm open day later on.

Top Bottom