The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all. Another cold might down here.
Millie has another appointment at the Royal veterinary college, things have improved a bit, but the problems still exist.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning all, a cold and bright start. Cleaning first then might go out for a bit if it’s still sunny.

Curious all this talk of old teachers, I’m amazed that anyone still keeps in touch with them. For me the last I heard of any of them was on the day I left in 1980.

My old biology teacher lives in the village I am originally from and was friendly with dad. I noticed on his son's Facebook page they had him out for his 91st birthday meal last week. He is still looking well.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I expect all my teachers have gone to the naughty corner of hell, my last interaction was in 1973. I hated everyone one of them from my last school, except one. I never stayed in touch with any of the kids either.
I recently found on old school group photo that I didn’t know existed, I have no recollection of being there. In fact I’m surprised I turned up for the day.

Guess which one is me. 😀
IMG_4606.jpeg

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I expect all my teachers have gone to the naughty corner of hell, my last interaction was in 1973. I hated everyone one of them from my last school, except one. I never stayed in touch with any of the kids either.
I recently found on old school group photo that I didn’t know existed, I have no recollection of being there. In fact I’m surprised I turned up for the day.

Guess which one is me. 😀
View attachment 728699

The one top row on the left as he doesn't look to happy to be there.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
not bed time yet

anyway - just got a message that one of my old school teachers has died
he was also an Olympic athlete in about 1960 - high hurdles apparently

weird to think of them dying

I find it more concerning when I discover old class mates have died!

Not that I have kept in touch with any of them, but, by chance I did find that an old class mate was living a couple of streets from me.

I only spoke to him a couple of times while cycling past his house, and, then, he died. It is rumoured that any remaining school friends still alive, refuse to speak to me, I cannot imagine why ;)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I find it more concerning when I discover old class mates have died!

Not that I have kept in touch with any of them, but, by chance I did find that an old class mate was living a couple of streets from me.

I only spoke to him a couple of times while cycling past his house, and, then, he died. It is rumoured that any remaining school friends still alive, refuse to speak to me, I cannot imagine why ;)

Several of my classmates have also died plus a fair few of my ex colleagues. I only know through the grapevine, as I too haven't kept up with anyone. I am not a social animal. Bit of a hermit really :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Sun is out. As soon as Mr ADT is gone ill get out and cut the grass.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

Guess which one is me. 😀
View attachment 728699

Is it you with the Afro, or next to the teacher?

Top Bottom