The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
My siestas are enhanced by cuddles with my boy Bruce.

Tenkaykev

Guru
It's easy when you get the hang of it.

Milk or dark? For your next " Tunnocks challenge " you have to eat the chocolate covering off Tunnocks tea cake without disturbing the Marshmallow underneath. It can be done, as the marshmallow shrinks away from the chocolate after being manufactured. My technique is to carefully crack the thin chocolate with my teeth whilst holding the base with my fingertips, and then to gradually peel the slivers of chocolate away working my way around in a methodical fashion. As I said, it's quite a challenge, and you may well end up with " Tunnock's nose " where a piece of marshmallow adheres to the end of it. Fortunately they sell them in packs of six so you can have multiple attempts. 😁

Tenkaykev

Guru
Milk or dark? For your next " Tunnocks challenge " you have to eat the chocolate covering off Tunnocks tea cake without disturbing the Marshmallow underneath. It can be done, as the marshmallow shrinks away from the chocolate after being manufactured. My technique is to carefully crack the thin chocolate with my teeth whilst holding the base with my fingertips, and then to gradually peel the slivers of chocolate away working my way around in a methodical fashion. As I said, it's quite a challenge, and you may well end up with " Tunnock's nose " where a piece of marshmallow adheres to the end of it. Fortunately they sell them in packs of six so you can have multiple attempts. 😁

EDIT -
Oops, replied to @welsh dragon instead of @EltonFrog

Drago

Legendary Member
Had a lovely snooze with my boy.

20240425_143511.jpg

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I expect all my teachers have gone to the naughty corner of hell, my last interaction was in 1973. I hated everyone one of them from my last school, except one. I never stayed in touch with any of the kids either.
I recently found on old school group photo that I didn’t know existed, I have no recollection of being there. In fact I’m surprised I turned up for the day.

Guess which one is me. 😀
View attachment 728699

right in the middle of the back row

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I expect all my teachers have gone to the naughty corner of hell, my last interaction was in 1973. I hated everyone one of them from my last school, except one. I never stayed in touch with any of the kids either.
I recently found on old school group photo that I didn’t know existed, I have no recollection of being there. In fact I’m surprised I turned up for the day.

Guess which one is me. 😀
View attachment 728699

the guy in front row beside the teacher , you're nursing a semi by the looks of it '

Top Bottom