The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
the guy in front row beside the teacher , you're nursing a semi by the looks of it '

I guessed that one, not Elton.

Tenkaykev

Guru
A week ago i got a follow up letter from the NHS regarding when I broke my arm last year. They sent a questionaire about how things were progressing and said that they may invite me for a " DEXA " bone density scan. I sent the questionair off on Tuesday and a letter came in the post today inviting me for a scan next week. Unbeknownst to me, part of the large Beales Department Store in Poole town centre that closed down a year or so ago has been repurposed as " Dorset Healthcare Village ". They carry out several procedures there and it's really convenient being literally just a few metres from the bus station. I was aware that another part of the store now houses some further education and training facilities, but this seems like an excellent use of empty facilites in a prime location.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I managed to quickly cut the grass before the rain arrived. I'm now watching the tour of Romadie and drinking beer.

Have been out for a little ‘shakedown’ ride on my new bike. Very pleased with it, super comfortable, super ride :smile:
IMG_3175.jpeg

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
bringing the missus to a late film and a meal, she calls it "date night" to keep the romance alive and who am I to argue. Anyway I picked the latest showing film to allow some time to eat first , I didn't know what it was about. There was a picture of a ballet dancer in the promotion so I assumed its dancing/romance etc the usual twiddle twaddle girlie rubbish stuff. Noooo ! its a vampire/horror called Abigail I have just discovered. I will say nothing and play dumb . She will absolutely sheet herself !! She has a habit of screaming at sudden fright scenes. You cannot win , well I can't anyway :eek:

Top Bottom