The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Yay! Fish Friday! :hungry::cheers:
Might mosey on down to Pebbles cider tavern at lunchtime and have a chip butty.
The roof cleaning man didn't turn up yesterday. He contacted me and was very apologetic, as he had been overloaded with work but promised he'd be out on Tuesday........we'll see.
I've been restocking my tool inventory; new stacking tool box, various pullers and some new Whitworth spanners. It's amazing how cheap decent quality tools are these days.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm liking the new Cybertruck.

View attachment 728737

Screenshot_20240426_071354_Chrome.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all :hello:

Yay! Fish Friday! :hungry::cheers:
Might mosey on down to Pebbles cider tavern at lunchtime and have a chip butty.
The roof cleaning man didn't turn up yesterday. He contacted me and was very apologetic, as he had been overloaded with work but promised he'd be out on Tuesday........we'll see.
I've been restocking my tool inventory; new stacking tool box, various pullers and some new Whitworth spanners. It's amazing how cheap decent quality tools are these days.

I've still got some of Whitworth spanners. I haven't found a use for them for about 50 years.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks. I've been DIY ing. The door to the outhouse needed replacing and the door frame had seen better days. I got a few quotes to replace with a UPVC one but the cheapest quote was over £800 so I decided to see if I could spruce it up. It's going well so far 🤞
The bottom of the door had gone manky due to being exposed to the elements for 30+ years, but in a moment of inspiration I realised that a couple of kick plates would cover the damage. In other exciting news, we have an Ikea delivery today, one of which is a storage unit that will be repurposed as a home for one of our Brommies.
Have a peaceful day folks, and congratulations to the new retirees ☀️👍

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I've still got some of Whitworth spanners. I haven't found a use for them for about 50 years.

Two of my bikes are old British ones, so there's no metric stuff on them.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Some progress on the Bantam this morning. Gear box assembled and installed, crankcase oil seals replaced, crank end float calculated and shimmed and crank installed.:okay:

IMG_20240426_102703952.jpg

IMG_20240426_103318400_HDR.jpg

Next jobs will be to put the other crankcase half together, hone the barrel, check the ring gaps, install the piston barrel and head, then put the clutch together. It'll be pretty much finished then. This is the rolling chassis. :smile:

IMG_20240426_105039720_HDR.jpg

Worked up a bit of a thirst - going to have a stroll down to the harbour for a pint of cider. :cheers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom