The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just had Mr fox in the garden

IMG-20240430-WA0000.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Result, new overalls just turned up. I was looking on certain sites for a new pair of overalls, the ones I wanted coming out around £85, I looked on Ebay and found somebody selling a brand new pair. Bidding was low so I bunged a bid of £40 on them, ending up buying them for £31, plus £5 postage. Just got to get someone nice to turn them up for me, I am sure there will be someone in the village willing to help a lonely old man.

Bugger

about an hour ago I was waiting for my wife to ring for her lift back from the hairdresser
I had my hair done was well - and got some money out for BOTH our hair dos and went to the bike shop becaus eit was next door and got home and still had 2 hours to wait!!

ANYWAY

I was waiting and knew it was about time - and the phone rang - so I expected it to be her
a female voice said "Oh - can you hear me OK"
I was expecting to hear my wife and I don;t tune into voices easily so I said Yes

DAMN
I know better than to say Yes to an unknown caller

worse still - I suspect it was a computerised thing - which are becoming more common - where they play pre-recorded phrases and listen to the response and play the most suitable reply
They can be fun is you realise early and play with them

but you should never say "Yes" - there have been "things" where they have cut and pasted bit of your voice to make it sound like you have agreed to something - and then play it to you and threaten to sue

No I know enough to no fall for that - the "recorded message" would have all sorts of faults in changing background noise and stuff

but with AI coming along at speed - who knows??

anyway

Bugger

Beans on toast for me. I bought a couple of tins of Aldi Essential beans at 28p to see what they were like, and the answer is, surprisingly good. Quite a lot of sauce though so I usually pour some off as I don’t like my toast too soggy :laugh:

My wife likes them cook for longer with the lid off so the sauce thickens due to evaporation
It does make the beans a bit softer and the whole thing more of a one-ness

might work with the Aldi ones???

Out tonight

Blood Brothers at the Royal COurt in Liverpool

back in the day - when T-rex were wandering the street of Merseyside - I went to several closing down events at the Royal Court

It never quite got as far as closing down properly
also famous for the top part of it being as steep as the North Face of the Eiger and twice as scary

Luckily this time we are at the bottom and actually having dinner at our table first!!!!

Posh or WHAT!

anyway - first time I saw Blood Brothers was on its very first run - Barbara Dixson played the lead and was amazing

Might be one of the few things I ever see where I know more words than my wife!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Out tonight

back in the day - when T-rex were wandering the street of Merseyside - I went to several closing down events at the Royal Court

also famous for the top part of it being as steep as the North Face of the Eiger and twice as scary

Luckily this time we are at the bottom and actually having dinner at our table first!!!!

Posh or WHAT!

anyway - first time I saw Blood Brothers was on its very first run - Barbara Dixson played the lead and was amazing

Blood Brothers. Wouldn't mind seeing that again. First saw it at the Geilgud Theatre in London about 30 years ago.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Out tonight

Posh or WHAT!

I saw it with Barbara Dixon....amazing.

Top Bottom