The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
TBH I've never heard of lemon and poppyseed biscuits..... sounds nice though.

Neither had I until put those ingredients in!

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. The car is going for a service at 8.30 so I will take Molly for a long walk whilst it is being done. Beautiful day again here in N. Wales so I may go for a bike ride later to recover from the cost of the glorified oil change on the car.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Bit of a problem here as my back "went" 2 days ago and has got gradually worse.
Struggled out of bed and taken 2 Nurofen so hoping they kick in soon...I would normally take Ibuforem but you should have food before taking them.
The dishwasher needs emptying and black bin needs sorting but they are not possible........ oh woe is me.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Bit of a problem here as my back "went" 2 days ago and has got gradually worse.
Struggled out of bed and taken 2 Nurofen so hoping they kick in soon...I would normally take Ibuforem but you should have food before taking them.
The dishwasher needs emptying and black bin needs sorting but they are not possible........ oh woe is me.

Nurofen is just a brand name for ibuprofen is it not.

Morning. Slightly brighter this morning. Neighbour and I are going to go through to the next village and have a walk from there later. I might just miss my early walk and wait for that.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning all. A bright morning beckons me out of bed, but not before a second cup of coffee ☕️
The bathroom fitter came to fit a replacement shower valve yesterday, the original, though only a few months old had got really stiff. We live in a hard water area and he suspected limescale. That got me thinking about protection systems, we haven't the space for a salt treatment unit so I was looking at alternatives. I see there are a couple of types, polyphosphate dosing or one that uses sacrificial anode. Wondered if any of the forum members had any experience of either.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Top Bottom