The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
What’s your secret? I seem to lose a couple of pounds then keep putting it back on again. I really need to lose a stone minimum to feel good.

I just had a wander round the park since I will be going back out in a couple of hours, then nipped along to Aldi for a couple of things while it was quiet.

Porridge and blueberries time now.

It's a simple secret—do not tell anyone, though; otherwise, it will damage the diet market. I basically eat fewer calories than I burn. I still eat scones and biscuits and have a beer each night. I have also been through and am still going through a lot of stress, so I am not eating anywhere near as much as normal. I am enjoying the weight loss, and I am doing it on purpose.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have acquired a couple of Mr WD's tools. A bench vice, a vernier and I want to errr borrow his steel mandrel. :laugh:

Oh and i want him to cut some metal for me as well.

Drago

Legendary Member
Surprised to read just now that there are 47 mechanical signalling boxes still in use on the Scottish rail network, the sort with the big mechanical levers that you normally see TV presenters trying out on heritage lines. And not just in the north of Scotland, the biggest is in Stirling. And they are not planning on replacing them any time soon, plans just published aim to reduce the number to 10-12 over the next 20 years.

I bet they work just fine, and don't throw a wobbly every time the Chinese government infect a computer with a virus.

Top Bottom