The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning all.
Another very wet one here.
Cleaner coming at 10.
Electrician here at 09.30. He has 3 jobs to do. After all this time I have had a socket fitted outside the garage. Problem is every now and again we are plague by our visiting travelling friends and they think nothing of parking on your drive a plugging in to you supply.
So one job is to put an isolation switch inside the garage.
Oh yes.....I have to put the bedding in to wash.

Seriously, you have random passers-by, not friends, parking in your drive and plugging into a power socket ? :ohmy:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all. The sun is shining.
I'm off too Ware, on the edge of Hertford to meet a couple of friends at the Waterside inn at lunchtime.
It's a bus ride and train ride, but should only take about an hour to get there. And of course home again.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Seriously, you have random passers-by, not friends, parking in your drive and plugging into
Don't know what's gone wrong but my screen frozen so I have hade to post and edit.
We back onto a park that the gypsies like to take over. They have not done that to me as I have not had an outside socket but they did it to a neighbour.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We had one of those in the 60s when it was £.s.d. When my my mother was broke, she took metal buttons off her coat flattened them, and put them in the slot.
When the man came to collect the money, there was always a rebate, she’d get some cash back and the buttons.

?
That doesn't make sense.
If there were buttons in there, instead of coins, I would presume it would be reported.
Meter fraud isn't looked on too kindly.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Riverside trail walked, popped into the Co-op for a few bits and pieces and have had my porridge and blueberries.

I have a new addiction…….greek yoghurt with pineapple chunks. :laugh:

Top Bottom