postman
Squire
- Location
- Meanwoodshire.
Well it is Monday morning,and for some reason my hernia is playing up.It could be due to the heavy cleaning i did on Saturday.So i need to go lie down.Bye all.
I thought you were aiming for a five minute mile.As those of you with long memories may recall, I returned to running 3 or 4 years ago and the mad pursuit of a 6 minute mile.
It quickly came to light that I have a knackered hip, so had to forget any ideas about fast times and settle for a gentle jog.
Bow I'm suffering persistent tendon problems in my left foot. I think, regrettably, the time has come to quite running and to up the bicycle mileage as a means of getting the olde blood pumping.
The good news is I'll need to buy a new bike. With the house move I whittled down the fleet, leaving me with only an ebike, the folder, and the Felt roadie.
The ebike is superb for locql transport, but if I'm riding for exercise purposes it's not optimum.
The folder is a great utility steed, but not ideal for long times and distances.
The Felt is a superb machine that I'll never sell, and is an ideal dry weather blaster, not so good for wet roads or poor surfaces.
So I guess it's time to buy another bike![]()
Earn my money!
You've not paid yet.
Did you see and/or recognise either of the other two people you were going to go with?
Space is an unknown area, limitless and often within yourself. In which you are uncertain of what is going to happen. You're feeling vulnerable, aware that there's people watching you and you're uncomfortable/not happy with that. Represented by your public "act of rebellion". That you keep on telling/explaining to people why you are doing it is further evidence of this.
This act completed, you go revert to worrying about something that bothers you. That you were aware of a time constraint demonstrates that you are working to someone else's schedule.
You fear the unknown that you know you'll be facing, with as you say no training, this possibly with two people you might know. Further symbolised by the rocket, which symbolises a determination/desire to get on with whatever you are doing, even if you are uncertain about what that is.
Was it Thursday gone, or Thursday coming. If it was Thursday gone, work back to the times you gave and see what you were doing. If it's Thursday coming be wary at the times given.
How do you know you'd be back for 0730 the following morning? Was this something said to you by person(s) unseen? Further evidence of working to someone else's timetable.
As for the time compression, there is a theory that time ceases to exist in dreams. Whilst some older cultures say that time slows down, and that they can control time in their dreams.
There is one other possibility
By coincidence that is what I am thinking of.
Mine will be on seeded bread.
I will have brown sauce....what will you have ?
No. They could be with that postcard I sent from Holyhead station, around 0500 in August 1983.Did you not get my previous cheques ? They must still be in the post.
Right......
I did not know the other 2 passengers.
I think it was last Thursday but not certain.
"They" told me I would be back for 0730.
Brown of course.

There are some heathens on here that think it should be ketchup.
I thought you were aiming for a five minute mile.
What bike are you looking at?
@Slick
I echo what has already been said but will add or reiterate:
Do not wait too long until you retire. The older you get the more you realise that time really does not waiteth for any man or woman. It's easy to say and agree with but it really will come home to you maybe a decade or so down the track. At age 60 I did not realise the steps I would really have to take to stop my body declining like so many of my peer group (cycling certainly isn't enough) as the years have rolled by (I'm 67 now). Swat up on this on YT. Similarly, how my mental attitude to life would changed so profoundly. Some get up and go has gone! I enjoy, really enjoy, just chilling more than I ever did, have distanced myself from the political and social zeigeist (deliberately), and have developed a relatively fatalistic attitude towards life. Probably due to being closer to so many unavoidable truths. Act now in the light if future changes that you will/may expetience.
Priorities change as you get older and enter retirement. For the pair of us here it is health for self and partner, plus fitness of course, at the top of the list. Without either your retirement will be compromised. Health can take unexpected turns for the worse - if you have any Big Plans get them done asap.
Relationships. Some people can happily fly solo their whole life but we are, as a species, geared up for life as part of a pair. If you are part of a couple then plan together and do retirement together. You do not have to be joined at the hip but I see plenty of couples drift apart as health, libido and family commitments drive a wedge between them. Treat retirement as a fun time for two! And,as some have already sadly found out; partners are no more immortal than you.
Money, money, money... Yes, it's important to have enough to cover outgoings and life's eventualities in retirenent. My advice: don't do quick & dirty calculations, do a proper projection for the years ahead. Build in life changing events, kid support, how would your partner cope without you income etc.
Savings. It's nice to have plenty but you have to learn how to spend it. We came from poor families and have done very well financially, but we are still learning how to spend. Our savings still grow year by year and we never will have to worry about them running out. But, and it is a big but, it is easy to spend like a fool, much harder to spend wisely and add value to your remaining life. As long-term savers & investors the 'cling on to what you have' mindset can be hard to shake!
If you have kids & grandkids and are into kids (we are not) don't let your family steal your retirement. There is a difference between helping out with grandchildren and simply being a dumping ground and general familily workhorse. Your own children are obviously younger than you! They are living their life, live yours! Controversial maybe, but we have several friends whose lives have been overwhelmed with GC duties but do not speak out for fear of causing a rift.
Practicalities. Sort your Will, LPA's, Living Will & funeral wishes as a matter of priority. Leave it too late and you may well regret it.
Work. Let it go. Even though you love it! I had a great career, loved what I did and retired early. Despite this, I wish I had never had to work at all. In retirement ie at 'normal-ish' retirement age, time is so precious, you don't have much left after all. Do not work unless you really need the finances. Seriously! Don't do it!
Best of luck with your decision making!
There are some heathens on here that think it should be ketchup.