The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Location
Barnet,
Qyite
Thick clag has set in - CH on but probably going to switch to briquettes & logs for atmospheric effect as it is depressingly gloomy.

Hard to remember that the planet was on fire a few weeks ago...

A warm afternoon here 19⁰ , misty first thing though.
I've got a pork,cider and apple casserole on the go. Good autumn food for the soul.
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Beautiful day here in Hamtun... Chilly first thing but warm and sunny the rest of the day 🌞
 

PaulSB

Squire
Back from my assignment which, today, was sanding down the railings to the playground in preparation for wiping and painting.
I got chatting to 2 ladies. One (im guessing) early 70s and t'other late 50s. Both had 'lost' thier husbands which gave us an 'unwanted' connection.
@PaulSB the younger one does a lot for her UA3 group as she is good with languages.
Just slurping on fresh OJ now and will have some noodles as I will be having a roast dinner at 5ish.

Good for her.
 

PaulSB

Squire
With one thing and another I only got to sorting the compost heap and picking tomatoes. Delighted to find the compost heap was hot which means I've got aerobic composting. Haven't managed that for 4-5 years.

I have a large black bin which we use to compost food waste and raise worms. Hundreds of these little fellows have been moved to my compost heap along with some lovely black stuff........this is all from kitchen waste, peelings etc.

20261004_143137.jpg
 

Tenkaykev

Guru
Location
Poole
A walk to drop a package off at the Royal Mail lockers at the local Shell filling station. It went smoothly much to my surprise. I carried on and cut through Hatch Pond and onto the Heath. There are cows roaming the Heath and they were bellowing to each other, the Rangers keep an eye on them lest they end up on on some ne'er do wells barbeque😁. I then did a loop to the local ASDA to pick up a few bits and bobs. Spotted that the had Hendo's in stock so grabbed a couple of bottles. Free lecky from 12:00 -13:00 so I ran a bath and put on some washing. Yorkshire Parkin x 2 in the oven 🤞

IMG_1223.JPG


IMG_1220.JPG


IMG_1215.JPG
 

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Location
Barnet,
With one thing and another I only got to sorting the compost heap and picking tomatoes. Delighted to find the compost heap was hot which means I've got aerobic composting. Haven't managed that for 4-5 years.

I have a large black bin which we use to compost food waste and raise worms. Hundreds of these little fellows have been moved to my compost heap along with some lovely black stuff........this is all from kitchen waste, peelings etc.

View attachment 823610

I get the same from my compost heap. Lovely rich soil, all ftom the wonderful worms of which I think the little red ones are called Brandlings.
 

PaulSB

Squire
I get the same from my compost heap. Lovely rich soil, all ftom the wonderful worms of which I think the little red ones are called Brandlings.
I know them as Tiger worms but a quick Google tells me they're the same thing. They do a great job in the compost heap but as soon as the organic matter is broken down they disappear. I never see them in my raised beds.
 
Top Bottom