Good morning. Started off dank and miserable but clearing up nicely. More chaos on the M65 when I went to collect a bundle of sneezing, coughing, snot streaming thing.......sorry my youngest granddaughter 🤣 ........I think Paul will be poorly in a couple of days.......
All this talk of Genesis. I went to school in Guildford. Godalming is about five miles away where Charterhouse school is located, the original Genesis was formed by the five at Charterhouse. They often rehearsed at The Angel Inn in Godalming, which incidentally housed a great blues club that was an important late 60s/early 70s music venue. My cousin, his pals, very occasionally me, could be found there. My cousin lived two or three miles away, more like twelve for me. Little did we know.......
For those interested in 60s/70s music try a Google for "blues club at Angel Inn Godalming." You'll be amazed by the history, many legendary names are associated with the club. A lot of 60s/70s musicians came out of the Surrey area. Guildford Civic Hall was a big venue.........I know, I know 😀