The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
I fancy something nice to eat, but I don't no what.

I had a cinnamon and sultana bagel with philly cheese.. HTH
 

Exlaser2

Veteran
I have actually been told to only ever get anything like that done is I literally cannot see

my left eye is rubbish - so I am almost totally reliant on my right eye
so any op on that risks something close to blindness if it goes wrong

I have wondered - what about something to make my left eye better - but no-one seems to want to try that

When my mum need her cataracts doing they still did her left eye even though she could only see light and dark out of it . So it’s more than possible they will do the same for you when your time comes . They did do one eye at a time though and both opps went well . The only problem was my dear old mum seemed to be incapable of finding her own eye to put the drops in. 😀 So had we had to organise a relay of family and friends to do it for her .
On a similar note I have always been short sighted and a decade ago I toyed with the with thought of LASIK laser surgery but after doing some research and realising they do both eyes at the same time I chickened out. I understand the chances of things going wrong are incredibly slim but we do have a friend that’s had it done recently and they have been left with worse vision than they had before .🥲
 
I have actually been told to only ever get anything like that done is I literally cannot see

my left eye is rubbish - so I am almost totally reliant on my right eye
so any op on that risks something close to blindness if it goes wrong

I have wondered - what about something to make my left eye better - but no-one seems to want to try that

Sometimes they do do the “bad” eye first, just to see if any complications arise before they do the one that really matters
 
Top Bottom