The right bike for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AckaDappa

AckaDappa

Bike is here.. Getting mudguards, tyres and maybe racks put on by LBS next week. Impressed so far.
20170214_172639.jpg
20170214_172801.jpg
20170214_172717.jpg
20170214_172747.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Very smart, I like that a lot.

Pocket rocket is a good pump too :okay:

Jody

Stubborn git
Very nice bike. I like that a lot! For the riding you describe I would probably just leave those tyre on whether road or not. High pressure on tarmac and lower on the gravel

OP
OP
AckaDappa

AckaDappa

Very nice bike. I like that a lot! For the riding you describe I would probably just leave those tyre on whether road or not. High pressure on tarmac and lower on the gravel

I won't be doing the gravel/grass riding until summer times so could switch them back then.
Its going to be pure road riding on my own until then.

Jody

Stubborn git
Might aswell save the gravel tyres for summer then and stick some cheap slicks on it. I've been using City Jet 1.95's on my road wheels which are OK and pretty cheap but they weigh quite a bit for what they are. You can still pic them up for about a tenner each.

Sure some other people will have good recomendations for slicks.

OP
OP
AckaDappa

AckaDappa

Might aswell save the gravel tyres for summer then and stick some cheap slicks on it. I've been using City Jet 1.95's on my road wheels which are OK and pretty cheap but they weigh quite a bit for what they are. You can still pic them up for about a tenner each.

Sure some other people will have good recomendations for slicks.

I have bought some Vittoria Voyagers that were on offer from Planet X.

Hi there..

I have just purchased a Giant Toughroad SLR2 and am now wondering if it will do everything I need it to..

I didn't want an all out road bike as I will be going on some gravel tracks while out riding with the missus who us in a mountain bike.

But I also didn't want a mountain bike as I will be riding out on my own on roads a lot.

The bike looked liked the best of both worlds and I'm just wondering if people agree?
I'm a complete novice when it comes to cycling so looking for some reassurance lol.

Thanks.
Dan.
Its an ace bike, I tested one twice and part of me still wishes I'd bought it instead of the mountain bike I ended up getting.

Great modern frame, versatile, goes like the clappers and I for one like the look. Enjoy!

Top Bottom