The Rozzers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies if this offends some but I feel rather hard done to.

Wiped out on a roundabout last week by a motorist who just didn't stop. The police are not interested in prosecuting the bloke despite evidence showing his bad.

I get the impression they just want to take the nice salary, perks and pension, oh yes paid for by the people they are supposed to be serving.

I suppose if I had offended a non white or female person on Facebook I would have had ten of 'em round my house by now.

It's little wonder they don't command any respect nowadays.

classic33

Leg End Member
Most don't see cyclists as legal road users. When they realise we are, they might treat us as such.

Aye but classic33 I went to the police station on Sunday to press my case and it shuts at weekends!!!!

Do they think crime stops at 5.30 on a Friday!!!!

And this is not a village, in the 2011 census this town had a population of 61 thousand!!!!;

classic33

Leg End Member
Aye but classic33 I went to the police station on Sunday to press my case and it shuts at weekends!!!!

Do they think crime stops at 5.30 on a Friday!!!!

And this is not a village, in the 2011 census this town had a population of 61 thousand!!!!;
Local Central Station closes at 9pm, re-opening at 8am.

Between those times what happens?

What won't change, whatever time the stations shut, is the attitude of some officers.

Drago

Legendary Member
I had every sympathy for your plight.

But I do resent you assertion that folk like me served the queen for 3 decades for salary perks and pension. The moment you made it personal my sympathy evaporated.

PS, I'd love to know what the perks are and what you think frontline police personnel earn. I retired as DS, and I was struggling to keep DCs because they were all leaving to earn half as much again as fraud investigators for a bank where they didnt have to work shifts or get regularly assaulted. My only perk was that my desk was closest to the kettle. And my pension is so great I drive a 15 year old Smart car.

I would normally gladly been objective and advised any CC brother or sister who needed help, but on this occasion I'm going to block the thread instead.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I do not think the police job is as easy as some think it is, certainly would not be for me. I have some older friends who admit they retired very well and others like Drago who it seems has not done so well.

I think they do get paid higher than teachers, who also face a risky situations most days. So give teachers a rise.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm afraid too many of us have had the police take no action. There are two of us here that received broken spines, drivers completely liable, cops did nothing at all. They just told me my insurance would sort it. I don't call 6.5 weeks confined to a hospital bed, 4 months in a spinal brace and over 7 months off work (with permanent injuries) - MINOR.

I've had to let it go, and I'm having counselling to get over my anger - the driver changed my life quite radically, I live in constant pain, and can't ride my bike anything like as much as I did. I have to get over this 'some how'.

Having a car gives you the right to kill and maim with very little recompense.

It's the way it goes - lack of officers, too much paperwork.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Op you didn't get hit ? There is a minority of drivers that don't give a hoot. Last week I saw a Beetle driver driving like a loon in Manchester City centre. In the space of around 100 yards, he nearly took out three pedestrians who were only trying to cross (three different locations).

I now commute in the car, and it's a daily dogem ride - the only way I get to work in one piece, even in a large car, is defensive driving.

Tommy2

Über Member
Interesting that Drago said he ‘served the Queen’ and not the community or UK citizens.

P.s I am neither for nor against in this debate, just something that jumped out at me.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
OP, I think your attack on @Drago is unjustified. So far as I am aware, you know nothing of his personal circumstances or the reason why he retired. If you have any gripe about any persons's pension, you should look to the trustees not the beneficiaries.

As to your original comment, assuming of course you have a record of the incident, or witnesses or damage to back up your side of the events, otherwise it is your word against the driver's, make a complaint. As @fossyant said, there are at least two on here who have had spinal injuries. I have been hit three times and on each occasion the police have taken no action. Most recently just before Christmas, which the police had previously told me, they were treating as a failure to stop (after a collision) and which was the subject of another thread. Your local forces web site should have a link to making a formal complaint and bring it to the attention of your Police and Crime Commissioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom