The rugby free thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfox

France 3-17 Argentina at the moment! Oops

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

well i enjoyed watching the French suffer tonight...just a shame it was the argies 'cos I wanted them to suffer as well...oh well..at least it wasnt the Germans I 'spose...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Noodley

User76 said:
Scottish eh? Imagine that!!! So bitter for such a failure of a country in International sport.

Bitter? Nah. No point being bitter. Being honest, I would not mind if England won the World Cup. If only we could move on. Win it, have a party, move on.

I made the mistake of listening to Chris Evans tonight on the radio (my daughter switches it on in the car when I take her to dance class on Friday) and all I got from it was the worst of English nationalism. And the rest of the small amount of media coverage I have seen is no better.

If only the media and "the public" (I know this is a sweeping generalisation and is probably "the public" as portrayed by the media) could conduct themselves a bit better - from what I have seen of the England team they certainly do not associate with the rubbish spouted, and they seem decent spuds.

redfox

Noodley said:
Bitter? Nah. No point being bitter. Being honest, I would not mind if England won the World Cup. If only we could move on. Win it, have a party, move on.

I made the mistake of listening to Chris Evans tonight on the radio (my daughter switches it on in the car when I take her to dance class on Friday) and all I got from it was the worst of English nationalism. And the rest of the small amount of media coverage I have seen is no better.

If only the media and "the public" (I know this is a sweeping generalisation and is probably "the public" as portrayed by the media) could conduct themselves a bit better - from what I have seen of the England team they certainly do not associate with the rubbish spouted, and they seem decent spuds.

Fair comment, though if your are going to allow you kids to listen to Chris Evans.... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom