The saddest saddo on the planet - EVER!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shooter560

Mock all you like but when Mark's car went in for a trade in he was offered over book money, I've done the same on Mercs that have been valued on a trade in, then I've done my work and the car's gone back and owners have regulary seen price hikes even upto £3k on a £25k motor.

Anal, sad or whatever but more money in your pocket makes you sit up and think.

Anyway just think Mark and others are probably looking at you and thinking how sad you are

snorri

Legendary Member
Smokin Joe said:
check this guy out -

Well, that was unbelievably hilarious, I could not view the whole article.:laugh::biggrin::biggrin:
Although there could be a positive aspect for cyclists, I bet he is careful to give us all a wide berth on the road.;)

I firmly believe that the most important parts of a car [or bike for that matter] to keep well maintained are those areas you CAN'T see.

No point having nice shiny bodywork if you never hose out the wheelarches.

Night Train

Maker of Things
OK, I can see this sort of effort is what the guy is really into and the car does look really clean and smart.

What I don't get is that he gets the outside perfect and then he starts working on the mechanicals and the insides. Surely he should have done all that stuff first and then cleaned the outside of any hand prints and minor scuffing from gritty gloves.
Even little things like the full clean and polish before he degreases the hinges!

He seems to have done the whole job backwards.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Alan Frame said:
I firmly believe that the most important parts of a car [or bike for that matter] to keep well maintained are those areas you CAN'T see.

No point having nice shiny bodywork if you never hose out the wheelarches.
My car is a work horse.
I regularly wash and clean it on the underside. I blast out all the winter muck from underneath the body, under the wheel arches and in and around the engine, suspension and brakes and then vacuum the grit and wood splinters out of the upholstery and carpets. Once in a while I drive through the local carwash, usually just on my way to a first date!;)

TVC

You might suggest that that guy is sad, but what about his mate who stood around all day taking photos of him?

My car is a workhorse too. I leave the rain to wash it, but do spend time hosing off the unseen bits. So while it may look like a mobile compost heap it is in excellent condition, despite its eighteen years.;)

I would be terrified to own a car as pristine as that Vauxhall in case a kamikaze bluebottle left a mark on the bodywork. At least with my old Audi I can use it without being too precious about it.

cycling fisherman

smokin joe i have just laughed my arse off at that link, thank you...

and all that exactly for what ?

give me a bottle of fairy any day...

that guy must have spent thousands on that car, i don't admire him i think he's a dick,

to top it all off it was only a vauxhall vxr !

i'm still laughing now !!!!!

shooter560

Smokin Joe said:
So how much does all the hi-tech cleaning and polishing stuff cost, not to mention labour?

I earn between £250 and £500 a day cleaning cars, I work when I want to, get given the keys for just about every super car on the road, have even been given some cars for a few weeks, also had paid working holidays all over Europe, seen the last 5 Monaco Grand Prix from a clients house over looking the start line, have been to the USA looking after show cars and I'm booked to go back next year all first class.

So who is the fool now?? all this for cleaning muck off cars ;):tongue::tongue::tongue:

Top Bottom