The Saturday Morning Barber Queue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I noticed this when I lived in Accrington. Clive's Barbers is very popular and there was always a queue before he opened. I must admit to joining that queue at about a quarter to nine many times!:whistle:
Ha! I went to Clive's Barbers last year Ron to reminisce about the time we went to watch Blackburn Rovers play at Millwall. Sadly he was on his lunch break so i didn't get the opportunity but his fellow barber in the shop said he was still famous for his tv appearance in 1977! He's on 13 minutes 20 seconds.:thumbsup:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKoYjOGOzXQ

Last edited:
I last had a Haircut 25 years ago in order to get a job. Now I just tie it back when I'm working
This,last time in a hairdressers 1999

When I was a student in the mid 80's I found a cheap barber near Warwick racecourse, it was like stepping back in time to the 50's, he had pigeon racing trophies around the walls and he would be smoking whilst cutting your hair ! Only went the once.
My last barbershop haircut was 20 years ago before I bought a pair of clippers from Boots. Got the wife to do it the first few times before working out how to do it myself with a couple of mirrors.

D

Deleted member 26715

Last time I went was 1976 when I met the wife (girlfriend then) she was at hairdressing college & I was her crash test dummy, although the first time she used me for practise with a cut throat razor was an interesting 30 minutes she had only used balloons before that, wasn't until after she admitted to not ever having successfully finished one without popping it.

stephec

Legendary Member
:eek:
You don't really say what you go to see her for :whistle:
She's a very nice lady.

Although she did once say that she was thinking of doing massage as well. :smile:

Top Bottom