The search for my dream Dahon is over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Well I am finally managing to get the bike I really want, Dahon Mu EX (albeit in 2nd hand condition).

Sorry I hope this doesnt sound smug, not intentioned, I am just really excited, like a kid on Xmas.

I have heard the name of the previous owner but since I am not a cycling fanatic, I hear he is quite well-known. His name is Keith Henderson and it was his London commuter bike. Apparently it was the bike he rode to win the 2010 Smithfield Nocturne. As I said the name I have heard of but I am sure its familiar to others. Keith handed this bike back so he could get a Tern Verge X20 instead

The bike has been well looked after according to the seller who is a Dahon shareholder (and is involved in the company) and it only needs a new chain sometime soon. It comes with the same saddle and seatpost as on the current Tern Verge X20.

Anyway I will be getting it in 2 weeks and will post some pics then.

PS: I will probably sell my Jetstream P8 now, so if anybody wants a pretty much new bike at a big discount let me know, I want £600 cash for it (I bought it from CH White about a month ago and have used it twice). I live in Datchworth, Hertfordshire

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Congratulations on a good find. I remember Keith sold his Mu SL (on which he took his other two Nocturne wins), apparently he got loaned the EX as a publicity thing, I assume Tern did the same thing.

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Thanks. Its nice its got some history but I am just excited to get what I have been really looking for. I am sure it will be more than I need but I cant wait to get a new chain, a good service and get it on the road.

Will post some pics when I get it

byegad

Legendary Member
Well I am finally managing to get the bike I really want, Dahon Mu EX (albeit in 2nd hand condition).

Sorry I hope this doesnt sound smug, not intentioned, I am just really excited, like a kid on Xmas.

I have heard the name of the previous owner but since I am not a cycling fanatic, I hear he is quite well-known. His name is Keith Henderson and it was his London commuter bike. Apparently it was the bike he rode to win the 2010 Smithfield Nocturne. As I said the name I have heard of but I am sure its familiar to others. Keith handed this bike back so he could get a Tern Verge X20 instead

The bike has been well looked after according to the seller who is a Dahon shareholder (and is involved in the company) and it only needs a new chain sometime soon. It comes with the same saddle and seatpost as on the current Tern Verge X20.

Anyway I will be getting it in 2 weeks and will post some pics then.

PS: I will probably sell my Jetstream P8 now, so if anybody wants a pretty much new bike at a big discount let me know, I want £600 cash for it (I bought it from CH White about a month ago and have used it twice). I live in Datchworth, Hertfordshire

No need to whisper.

Top Bottom