The shoes in this picture...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

681414.JPG

Is it possible to still get them....;)

Even though its a long shot....

BTW: Thats not me in the picture

stevenb

I got that book with that picture within it.

I don't think it is possible to get those exact shoes....only 2nd hand.
That book was printed in approx 1990 IIRC.
They maybe collectors items now.
:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well I remember some mates having them - very nice - having not taken much note of what Time did since - they don't use that system......hmmmm Look fella here......

What they were good for was kicking big dents in cars..apparently - we were riding with a 'Milk Race' winner - his name escapes me at the moment....and the driver of a car tried to run him off the road, so a couple of rather large dents were delivered to the car with the metal cleats. Argument started, but one of the following cyclists (my mate) was a copper and saw the lot - driver buggered off.

Monty Dog

The shoes only accept the original Time cleat - so if you don't have a pair, try looking on ebay, there's usually a few pairs. In comparison to modern shoes and pedals, they're quite a bit heavier and the the distance between the pedal spindle and the foot will be bigger.

simonali

Guru
Monty Dog said:
The shoes only accept the original Time cleat - so if you don't have a pair, try looking on ebay, there's usually a few pairs.

These shoes also have the 3 bolt Look type fixing as well, which I believe the newer Time pedals use, so these will be able to be used with modern Time pedals as well as older types.

Top Bottom