The Signings and Transfers Thread 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
More rumours linking The Landaborg to Sky for two years.

Tao Geoghegan Hart is definitely one to watch.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
CN reporting that Sky are possibly signing Intxausti, and the Izagirre bros. And Kwiat. And Landa. And Teo G-H. And uncle Tom Cobley
Surely not all of them?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I like MTN-Qhubeka a lot but with EBH, Farrar and now Cav, they will in danger of looking like the old sprinters' home...

(don't worry, @oldroadman, I don't really think Cav is past it, nor EBH for that matter)
...and Matt Goss and Ciolek

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Would MTN have a Cav sized budget?

They might after their Tour success... personally, I don't think it's the best route for them. I think they are already moving too far away from their original goal of promoting African riders and African cycling, and while it is very useful to have some seasoned pros on the squad, I'd prefer if they invested more in young African talent.

Edit: interesting article on the team here: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jul/22/tour-de-france-africa-mtn-qhubeka-doug-ryder

Last edited:
They might after their Tour success... personally, I don't think it's the best route for them. I think they are already moving too far away from their original goal of promoting African riders and African cycling
I think they have got a decent balance at present, they have definitely got African cycling and cyclists onto the world scene; to continue this will be difficult as they'll need to keep getting the results as expectations grow, and this might need bringing in a "big name."

I think the current non-African riders are there for the right reasons; Cav might add to it.

Cycling needs more teams like MTN-Qhubeka.

Top Bottom