The Signings and Transfers Thread 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Not sure i would leave Sky for a one year deal, makes me wonder if he was being offered an extension with the boys in black and blue.

I do wonder where TVG is going, with RP moving to BMC to be a GC rider.

TVG was linked with Trek, but that's not happening. He's said to have maybe a year left on his contract (he extended a couple of times), in which case it'd take him until end 2016 - which is when BMC's current backing ends, which might also be why Porte only signed for a year. Porte going to BMC doesn't necessarily exclude Tejay; they might feel they'd have more versatility with another major stage race GC contender on the team.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Porte said, that TVG and he could complement each other in the TdF. That's a tough act to pull off, as we know.
It seems perverse of BMC to hire another GC rider, only to have them competing in the same GT. Surely they'd want a presence in the G|iro or Vuelta instead. Which is where Porte was at Sky - I still don't get it.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
to be honest i dont think porte has what it takes to be a complete gc rider - he has too many off days in a 21 day grande tour, great on 7 day races like paris nice, tour down under, dauphine etc etc but not ofr the big tours

just my opinion having watched him over the last few years.......

He has so much talent but lacks tactical sense and positional awareness. He should win a lot more than he does and if anyone can drill either of the latter qualities into him, then he could yet become an even better rider.
A move to EQS might suit him - Spring rides and then Mountain domestique role with free reign to have a pop at some stages?

U

User169

Laurens ten Dam looking for a move to a U.S. team according to cyclingnews.

SWSteve

Guru
Rumours of the statistics company, Dimension Data(?), from the tour may be stepping up as a main title sponsor - they have already featured on the MTN jerseys, so it would just be a case of stepping up - like Soudal with the Belgian Lotto team

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom