The Slowest 10 Mile Bike Ride Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reddragon

Erm, I think you are having us off with your user name, that's showing an average of 6.6mph, you fraud :tongue:

Colin_P

Guru
I thought I was just about the slowest but hats off, cap doffed to that effort.

In comparison I average at a lightning fast 8 to 9 mph.

I don't wear any silly cycling clothes or shoes either, I like to have thing flapping in the wind. A bit more effort going against but I act as a human sail in a tail wind which sometimes means I reach the heady heights of a 10 or even 11 mph average.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
I got a couple punctures this week on my rides, both from recently cut hawthorns on the country roads, so my 20 miles ride took over 6 hours, but this included the punctures, eating food, sitting on the bench, pheasant watching, pleasant watching and talking too much. All enjoyable stuff, apart from changing inner tubes twice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
The Autumn is a great time for cycling, the trees and the leaves look great...... and the stronger winds can make it an even slower ride.^_^

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Is trackstanding allowed? Here's a totally pointless snippet...the record was set by Rudi Jan Jozef De Greef (Belgium) whom stayed stationary without support for 10 hours at Meensel-Kiezegem, Belgium on 19 November 1982.

Top Bottom