The solution was so simple!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The battery on my bike computer was on its way out so I changed it, reset the computer, remounted the thing on the handlebars and went for a 22 mile ride this afternoon. Every now and again, I looked down just to see how fast I was going. Every time I looked at it, I couldn't believe how fast I was going although it didn't seem that fast in real term. So I thought the computer was playing up and ignore it for the rest of the ride. When I go home, it bothered me and decided to reset the thing, in case I didn't do it right earlier on.......................and then it struck me: the computer was set on kms and not miles!! :wacko:
Mind you, you are going much faster in kms!:whistle:
It just shows that it doesn't take much to get puzzled and confused by something so simple.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I once wondered where after a flat ride I could have clocked a max speed of 35.6mph. And then I figured out it was 3:56pm.

This is exactly why my computer is left in kms, mind you I live in France.
I once wondered where after a flat ride I could have clocked a max speed of 35.6mph. And then I figured out it was 3:56pm

I did almost the same thing last summer, so hot here and in a overheating state I looked down at my computer and it said 42. I was chuffed as I thought I was struggling. Got home, looked again, to find that it has a temperature sensor, so it was 42 degrees celsius.:sun:

London Female

Über Member
The battery on my bike computer was on its way out so I changed it, reset the computer, remounted the thing on the handlebars and went for a 22 mile ride this afternoon. Every now and again, I looked down just to see how fast I was going. Every time I looked at it, I couldn't believe how fast I was going although it didn't seem that fast in real term. So I thought the computer was playing up and ignore it for the rest of the ride. When I go home, it bothered me and decided to reset the thing, in case I didn't do it right earlier on.......................and then it struck me: the computer was set on kms and not miles!! :wacko:
Mind you, you are going much faster in kms!:whistle:
It just shows that it doesn't take much to get puzzled and confused by something so simple.

I am off to set mine to kms right now, it won't help with my speed but it will make me feel a whole lot better.

Top Bottom