The squeak goes on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colin w

Regular
I had a squeak as I pushed hard with my left pedal last night. turned out it was the wheel flexing and rubbing on the brake block on every stroke. I adjusted the tiny allen/allan key to re-centre the calliper and all was well.

also had a squeak on my old bikes pedals. I swapped the pedal and still had the squeak, turned out it was my shoes.

squeaks and rattles are infuriating, I need my bike to be stealthily quiet to help me feel smooth and in control, so I feel your pain.

hope you find it.

*edit* I also had a big click/squeak when I returned to the bike after a 10 week absence, the pedals needed to come off and have the threads greased before replacing. They must have kinda dried out.
cheers mate will "operate"on bike tomorrow hopefully get to bottom of this....col.

i had a really annoying squeak on every revolution, turned out after loads of searching it was the pedals, took off and cleaned thread on pedals and cranks. problem solved, hope this helps!

colin w

Regular
finally got to bottom of it took BB out cleaned it ball bearings at one end sealed unit at other cleaned bearings with turps re greased put back together put cranks back on and all i think it needed was a good tighten test ride went perfect noise totally gone,but must say the crank extractor tool i bought worked a treat couldent have done job without it:smile::bicycle:zooooommmm yusssss .

pawl

Legendary Member
I had a pedel related squeak which stopped when out of the saddle.Sprayed the saddle frame with wd 40 also the seat post.Tightened the saddle clamp a touch.Result no squeak.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
finally got to bottom of it took BB out cleaned it ball bearings at one end sealed unit at other cleaned bearings with turps re greased put back together put cranks back on and all i think it needed was a good tighten test ride went perfect noise totally gone,but must say the crank extractor tool i bought worked a treat couldent have done job without it:smile::bicycle:zooooommmm yusssss .
Excellent.

Its surprisingly satisfying it is to solve these types of squeaks?

well played.

Top Bottom