The Stupidest Thing I have ever done on a bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I offer two examples:

1) setting out on a 20 mile bike ride, including an extremely steep descent with only the front brake operational. "It'll be alright" I thought, at least until there was a "ping" and one on of the remaining brake blocks bouncing up the road. Both feet down and still gaining speed ! Hedge now, or ride it out ?. I went for the hedge and returned home mildly scratched by safe and certainly wiser.

2) Carrying a saucepan of curry in one hand through a chicane in a no-cycling alleyway late on evening. Although I did crash to the floor I was unhurt, and more importantly the curry wasn't spilt. It is possibly no surprise to my diligent readers that drink had indeed been taken.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Aged about 14 sprinting as hard as I could, head down ... straight into the back of a parked Vauxhall Chevette. Went right over the top of it. Front wheel mangled, forks bent, down tube broken. Car hatch door written off. I got away with bruises and a torn leg muscle. And a sharp drop in my popularity at home.

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
When I was a teenager. Holding a bag of chips on my right hand and needing to change up gears, so I thought it would be a good idea to use my left hand to change up gear on the right side handlebar grip shift..... The parked Saab 900 Turbo I hit seemed to be ok. Chips all over the road. I got up and made a quick getaway.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
I offer two examples:

1) setting out on a 20 mile bike ride, including an extremely steep descent with only the front brake operational. "It'll be alright" I thought, at least until there was a "ping" and one on of the remaining brake blocks bouncing up the road. Both feet down and still gaining speed ! Hedge now, or ride it out ?. I went for the hedge and returned home mildly scratched by safe and certainly wiser.

2) Carrying a saucepan of curry in one hand through a chicane in a no-cycling alleyway late on evening. Although I did crash to the floor I was unhurt, and more importantly the curry wasn't spilt. It is possibly no surprise to my diligent readers that drink had indeed been taken.
I would have gone for the hedge as well^_^

Top Bottom