The summer urge to buy a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you get this at all? I've had it the last 5 years and have resisted so far. I know I would use it in the good weather months, but I think it would sit gathering dust in the dark, cold, wet (i.e. wetter) months while my hybrid kept on rolling year round.

On the other hand, if I never buy one, I'll never know what it would be like!

Same every year - do it :hyper: .... don't do it :stop:

:unsure:

Keith Oates

Janner
Take Nike's advice - Just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I did it last summer and have no regrets. Yes it spent nearly the entire winter safely tucked up in the garage wrapped in a bubble wrap bag but hey, that's what I always intended to do.

If you have the cash and the space then I say go for it, it does add another element to the cycling experience.

ASC1951

Guru
I don't get this? My summer bike is aluminium, my hybrid/all weather bike is aluminium and my MTB is aluminium. I just don't want to put mudguards etc on a nice light summer bike.
Ah well, I don't have mudguards etc on any of my bikes. I don't commute, so if it's siling it down I don't go out on the bike.
tbh I don't like aluminium - it may not rust but my MTB has certainly corroded.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got two (three - ones a fixed commuter) road bikes and still lust after another 'summer bike'. The road bikes still get used in the winter though, just not daily as I have a bike that does that.

Can't have enough bikes you know. My son currently has two, and he is 11. (well three - one he has grown out of that will be sold soon).

Remember Beanz, we're in the middle of winter so it might be worth waiting for the summer which starts in March and goes on for a few weeks.

I had the urge too earlier in the year but fought off the desire, partially because my mechanic was so complimentary about the one I've already got! Job's a good 'un!

Top Bottom