The Sunrise and Snowdrop Express 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Forgive me if this sounds simple but as this is my first event can I just check the following...

Arrive early enough to park about a mile away and ride to HQ, pick up a brevet card off someone for a Sunrise departure time of 08:30.

Using my gps and cue cards, follow the route.

At the cafe stops at Upton and Evesham, stop for a brew / food and have my card stamped. (will these be easy to spot)?

Continue to the finish and present my card having thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

All sounds about right.
Ive done the snowdrop before. The route card is easy to follow and will take you direct to the controls provided you follow it.
Just make sure you are riding the correct route (see Phillip Whitemans post above )
Enjoy.

OP
OP
Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Forgive me if this sounds simple but as this is my first event can I just check the following...

Arrive early enough to park about a mile away and ride to HQ, pick up a brevet card off someone for a Sunrise departure time of 08:30.

Using my gps and cue cards, follow the route.

At the cafe stops at Upton and Evesham, stop for a brew / food and have my card stamped. (will these be easy to spot)?

Continue to the finish and present my card having thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

If you are coming down from Manchester, you will have a long journey. So please park at the HQ.

Upton is open today but please ensure that you have loaded Route B for Strensham just in case. You'll spot the controllers.

:blush: Erm, another question I should have thought about before - I don't own a bike lock. Am I best dragging one round with me? - or will I probably be able to see my bike at most times when i'm stopped?

I will try and get there early Philip to ensure I snag a space. (thanks). Neil.

OP
OP
Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
:blush: Erm, another question I should have thought about before - I don't own a bike lock. Am I best dragging one round with me? - or will I probably be able to see my bike at most times when i'm stopped?

I will try and get there early Philip to ensure I snag a space. (thanks). Neil.
I cannot obviously guarantee the security of your bicycle. However, I have never heard of bike theft from any of the venues concerned.

Fantastic weather.

Was wearing my CycleChat top. Did you see me, Lien Sdrawde?

I did indeed (I think) - did your top to have more black in it than mine does? - perhaps on older (or grubbier) version.
What a fabulous day! - it was my first ever event and I will never forget it. So many many thanks Peter for all your hard work. It certainly paid off. Neil.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Pssst
I did indeed (I think) - did your top to have more black in it than mine does? - perhaps on older (or grubbier) version.
What a fabulous day! - it was my first ever event and I will never forget it. So many many thanks Peter for all your hard work. It certainly paid off. Neil.

Older style. Pssst - It's Philip, not Peter!

BrumJim

Booked up for the 2015 version of the Sunrise event. Anyone else on here signed up?

OP
OP
Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Hi Brumjim, can' speak for whether there are any other Cyclechat members that have signed up - but I am organising it. Just ten places spare on the Sunrise. The Snowdrop is full to capacity.

See you in February.

BrumJim

What a lovely day.

Tnanks again to @Philip Whiteman for organising this. A lot harder this year, on account of being on 32 wheels, Shimano Alfine gears and a steel frame. And my riding companion being on full carbon and a lot fitter.

Still, cakes were good, weather was superb, and organisation didn't let us down.

Top Bottom