The Swallows Nest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
That's just super - a bit of a day out and back home for bed :thumbsup:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Awsome @User9609 ,makes all the mess they make worthwhile..
we had a pair nessting at our barn conversion holliday place in Fowey ,The shoot head owner kept knocking the nest down and telling us its the mess...we reported him..self-gratification artist

Surlydave

Über Member
Great postings. Photos excellent too, what sort of camera did you use?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
On my ride today we called into a curious spot for Tea and Cake we've visited in the past. It's a fairly vast pool house with one wall of glass. Self built, probably in the 50's. Some of the glass is missing (overlapped panes maybe 2'x1' in size) and a pair of swallows were nesting inside on a light fitting. They'd already raised one brood of 4. Now the parents were relaying each other on the nest, presumably incubating eggs for brood two. Must say that the nest cup this pair had built was very much tidier than the OP's pair had made. But - as long as it all works :thumbsup:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 3826660, member: 9609"]I wasn't being entirely serious about your profligate lifestyle ^_^ but old spokes are a nice gauge of wire that is reasonably easy to fashion into a strong repair of all manner of stuff...[/QUOTE]
Dr Evil is having the borked ones. You may regret it when he uses them to take over the world.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Great thread. Only just found it, half an hour ago, so I have enjoyed the speedy nest building, the very speedy egg laying and hatching and then all the growing up and flying off.
Love that pic of the 4 babies all on their plant hanger perch. Can't wait for next year now.

Top Bottom