The today's weather where you are thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Freezing and very windy - too cold to venture out.

^_^^_^^_^

Miserable, I now consider that word a meteorological term. Normally the weather here turns dry towards the end of November, not this year. I have studiously avoided my pushbikes and the only 2 wheeled activity is using my motorcycle to visit the bakery.
I have been tight fisted and delayed burning wood but the animals are near mutiny, especially the cats. Rain+cold+more rain, temperature is relative, its 9c outside but it feels colder inside. You get nesh when summer has an unrelenting 38c for six weeks, as a northerner I should feel shame. When I cave in and spark the fires up it will take three days to heat the building up and after that my brain and fingers can function properly again. 16th century house with exposed beams and stonework looks very pretty, it is also extremely energy inefficient and costly to heat.

Mild and murky here today, but mercifully dry. All the roads have a rather thick coating of mud, however. It's that time of year where everyone's car is brown and a trip to the car wash is a waste of money.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Lake District (SE).

Lovely blue skies and around 2" of snow at 400' above sea level where we live.

Masses of snow on the mountains.

gavgav

Guru
Horrific weather today! Black ice everywhere this morning, windy, scuppered my plans for a bike ride and now it’s raining torrents.

Top Bottom