The top speed of a Jack Russell and the danger of the internet.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've got a Jack Russell / Border terrier cross and can confirm that there is no faster creature between the living room and the kitchen on hearing the fridge door open.
My sister has a border terrier. She was once serving up a family meal which included a big salad and a 14" pizza. She opened the door of the oven, and left the pizza there while she walked to the dining table with the salad. She was passed by the terrier hurtling past her into the kitchen and wondered why he was in such a hurry. By the time she got back to the kitchen she found out why - he was lying on the kitchen floor with a hugely-extended belly, and the pizza was nowhere to be seen! :laugh:

iandg

Legendary Member
It doesn't really matter, the important fact is 'faster than me' - I know that when my Jack Russell/Schnauzer cross decides to run I ain't gonna catch it. ^_^

T4tomo

Guru
My sister has a border terrier. She was once serving up a family meal which included a big salad and a 14" pizza. She opened the door of the oven, and left the pizza there while she walked to the dining table with the salad. She was passed by the terrier hurtling past her into the kitchen and wondered why he was in such a hurry. By the time she got back to the kitchen she found out why - he was lying on the kitchen floor with a hugely-extended belly, and the pizza was nowhere to be seen! :laugh:
Its the Fox, chicken and corn conundrum for the modern day.....

...You have a pizza, a salad and Jack Russell and need to get all 3 from kitchen to dining room, you can only carry one at a time, what do you do to ensure ColinJ gets his tea?:laugh::laugh:

Kajjal

Guru
Our terrier jumped on a chair grabbed the whole keema naan bread and ran into the back garden to hide under a thick hedge to eat its prize. Revenge was sweet though it also later licked the plate in the dishwasher with a really hot chicken Jalfrezi on, it’s eyes went wide open on stalks and it had its tongue out on the kitchen floor vigorously wiping it with a paw :tongue:

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Must be the fastest dog ever, at around 28,000 kph:
Laika, the Moscow mongrel who made it into space. Unfortunately, they could only afford a one-way ticket. By the sound of this thread and the look of her, she must have been a Jack Russell-Whippet-Greyhound-Husky mix. Nice, high-tech kennel.

2 year old Basil Whippet is very water averse, though we can get him splashing in the shallows at the beach in the summer on a hot day chasing his ball, Herbie the 7 month young pretender however, takes every opportunity to charge into ponds and streams....
We have a whippet/lurcher/lab cross rescue dog. Not overly keen on water - he's only been in when he missed the obvious (I thought anyway) plank that was missing from a bridge after a storm and when he thought that a deep pond was shallow.

Be interesting to see if he will be more keen on the water this summer as he's become a lot more relaxed of late.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
She’s probably more Collie than anything else, and Lex was very averse to water as a youngster. We used to walk along the river with a Labrador which spent most of its time swimming. Lex gradually got the idea, started off paddling and before long was swimming. Launches off the bank and belly flops, totally fearless.
Same at the beach, flat out into the surf if she sees another dog in the water. She swims very well. I heard a woman say the other day “look at that dolphin dog!”

View attachment 583912
That explains it. Our collie X lurcher who passed away a year ago loved swimming.

Its the Fox, chicken and corn conundrum for the modern day.....

...You have a pizza, a salad and Jack Russell and need to get all 3 from kitchen to dining room, you can only carry one at a time, what do you do to ensure ColinJ gets his tea?:laugh::laugh:

I eat the pizza, give Colin the salad and ignore the dog. Wheres the conundrum?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The Conundrum is that new restaurant in the Market Square. @ColinJ and I will go there for our supper if the dog has eaten all the pizza.
Apparently, my sister's cats have located the local Devon mice and have begun an extermination campaign. They have been bringing rodent corpses in to show off to the humans. The dog was pretty impressed too - he abandoned his hunt for pizza and started chomping dead mice instead. My sister is NOT happy that Retirement Cottage has now become The Killing Fields! :laugh:

Top Bottom